We need everyone's positive energy and innovative thinking to lead the energy transition to net zero. That's why we welcome applications from all backgrounds and experiences and have a range of flexible working options to suit everyone!
Here's what you'll be doing
E.ON Drive is the E-mobility business of E.ON and has a presence across Europe as one of the biggest e-mobility suppliers. We install both residential and workplace charging across the UK and work with a range of partners to deliver solutions into their businesses.
With the Government mandate that car companies will no longer be allowed to manufacture any new conventional petrol or diesel cars from 2030, the Electric Vehicle (EV) market is one of the fasting growing markets and will change the way we travel. The demand for new EV's is growing at a faster rate than the charging infrastructure it needs to support this growth can be installed. At E.ON we are driving the way forward for how we install EV charging points to try and meet this demand and, as a result, we now need to grow our current team.
Right now we're looking for an Electricians Mate (EV Installation) to join our team in Northampton. The role holder will have experience supporting and assisting Industrial electrical installations, trunking, tray work and distribution board installation including inspection and testing, with an opportunity, following appropriate training and authorisation, to develop their skills to include EV charger installations. This is a great development opportunity for an industrial/commercial focused Electrician’s mate.
As an Electricians Mate to an EV Installer, you’ll play a key role in installing and maintaining EV charging equipment, this also includes assisting the EV Installer in making connections to Switch panels and Distribution Boards. Other responsibilities within this role include:
- The safe use and operation of tools, equipment and vehicles associated with the role.
- Taking full ownership of personal health and safety, in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policies and procedures. This includes those you are working with as well as anyone affected by your operations.
- Using your own initiative to prepare and complete pre works ready for the EV Installer
- Complying with operational working practices, method statements and associated risk assessments.
- Ensuring correct selection and use of company provided PPE and equipment as required by the relevant risk assessment and method statements relating to each work activity.
What we need from you
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship or Electrical training programme/experience /apprentice trained electrician (Part qualified) with the relevant C&G qualifications and current 18th IEE Reg certificates
- Experience of electrical installation works, testing and inspection whilst ensuring all work is completed in a safe manner and in accordance with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality policies and procedures
- General understanding of electrical installation work in an Industrial/Commercial environment
- Current First Aid and Manual Handling certificates
- Willingness to learn
- A current driving licence (a company vehicle will be provided for the role)
Here's what else you need to know
There is the opportunity to top up your earnings with regular overtime, this is offered most weeks but is not guaranteed.
We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
We realise the best people bring their energy at different times, so we’re happy to talk flexible working. We offer a range of flexible working options, including full time, part time, job share and variable start and finishing times
This is a great opportunity to play a lead role in supporting our expanding business and helping to shape the future of energy.
We have a market leading benefits package – it includes a, 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, a generous pension scheme and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits