Job title: Marine Systems Engineer
Location: Southampton - hybrid working
Who are we recruiting for?
Executive Integrity has partnered exclusively with a highly innovative technology company, leading the way in the autonomous shipping sector. Their unique software solutions will enable traditional ships to be converted into modern autonomous vessels. This exciting opportunity will see you join a company in its infancy with ambitious plans for global growth.
What will you be doing?
- Communicate with stakeholders to identify what they want a system to accomplish
- Work with a team to produce test plans, product specifications, bill of materials, systems integration diagrams and engineering specifications.
- Install and configure operating systems, software, and hardware components, and clearly document the design, maintenance, and support procedures for routine tasks
- Routinely test software for bugs, redundancies, and security issues
- Conduct high-level root-cause analysis for service interruption and establish preventive measures
- Set up bench tests and conduct hardware in the loop testing
- Create reports and documentation outlining findings and solutions; oversee the overall backup strategy and daily operations for secure backups and restore testing
- This position is a customer facing job and requires some travel to customer locations globally with the majority of time spent in a lab environment.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics, controls or computer science
- Marine system engineering experience (E.g. Bridge electronic systems or marine software systems)
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, controllers, electronics like relays, D/A boards, Controlled Area Networks.
- Experience in marine systems, project management, application design and integration.
- Knowledge of Teams Foundation Server or other version control.
What’s in it for you?
Joining a sustainable, innovative, and future-focused company facing rapid group, offering significant options for career growth, working alongside thought leaders within the sector.
- Excellent financial package
- Comprehensive benefits.
Who are we?
Executive Integrity is a global executive search and recruitment consultancy for a more sustainable world with a focus on talent within the Maritime and Renewable Energy sectors. We give 1% of all our profits to Renewable World, a charity that develops affordable and innovative renewable energy solutions to poverty-stricken communities.