From AI to exceptional engineering, join us and discover the latest developments shaping the future of energy.
Grain's success in the highly competitive LNG market is testament to its long-term vision, strategic planning, and ongoing investment in infrastructure and technology. We’re in a unique position to take deep-rooted expertise and apply it to markets across a multitude of technologies and geographies.
Tackling climate change is the defining challenge for our generation. It demands innovation and fresh thinking across every part of the energy sector. At National Grid Ventures, we’re investing in the technologies that will ignite a new era of clean energy.
As a Future Development Manager, you'll lead the development of future engineering studies, using technical innovation, strategic thinking and stakeholder management. You'll provide technical support to both existing and potential customers through closely forged relationships with the commercial centre of excellence.
You will act as the front-end feasibility and design manager for Grain LNG roadmap to net zero, ensuring that commitments to targets are met through project development. This will include continual monitoring of progress and an agile approach towards developments of future molecules and decarbonisation methods.
This role is based on-site at our world-class facility in Kent, Europe’s largest liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal.
- Focus on long term engineering development opportunities.
- Lead the future business plan and roadmap to net zero for the terminal and schedule technical engineering works to meet the requirements of the agreed business plan.
- Develop, implement, and manage project developments, using appropriate project management methodologies and project documentation.
- Organise information from front-end design tasks and activities using appropriate project management tools and resources to develop robust financial costing for projects.
- Work in partnership with the landowner, understanding potential planning, environmental and legal requirements for future developments.
- Work in partnership with the Commercial Centre of Expertise, providing technical input and support to enable a comprehensive investment strategy and business case for each project paper.
- Manage all technical requirements from both commercial and customer interfaces. Investigate project delivery risks and mitigate to an acceptable risk profile in a proactive and timely manner.
- Manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders to drive forward developments, with long term strategic thinking.
- A detailed understanding of large-scale infrastructure project development, business readiness activities and/or operation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the GB and EU energy landscape (i.e. codes, market forces, trends, industry players, regulation).
- Experience of managing and integrating the work of a multifunctional team.
- Ability to design, form and drive the technical team with direction and appropriate structure to deliver high performance.
- Experience of innovation development and delivery of specialist projects.
- Understanding of the external organisations influencing the management of contracts, including EU, UK Govt, HS&E, Ofgem, Gas Safe, Supplier Forums and consumer expectations.
- Complex stakeholder management, influencing, and engagement skills.
What you'll get
A competitive salary between £55,000 – £70,000 – dependent on capability.
As well as your base salary, you will receive a bonus of up to 15% of your salary for stretch performance and a competitive contributory pension scheme where we will double match your contribution to a maximum company contribution of 12%. You will also have access to a number of flexible benefits such as a share incentive plan, salary sacrifice car and technology schemes, support via employee assistance lines and matched charity giving to name a few.
National Grid Ventures (NGV) is at the forefront of the energy transition. We operate across the UK, Europe and US, developing, operating, and investing in large-scale clean energy infrastructure. We’re helping to accelerate society’s drive towards net zero while maintaining security of supply today.
Our diverse businesses include subsea electricity interconnectors, wind and solar power generation, competitive electricity transmission, battery storage, conventional generation and LNG regasification and storage. We’re also developing emerging technologies such as offshore hybrid assets and hydrogen, which could play a key role in decarbonisation.
This role closes on 29 November 2023 at 23:59, however we encourage candidates to submit their application as early as possible and not wait until the published closing date as this can vary.