Permanent - Full TimeLocation:
As part of our senior leadership team, you’ll play a strategically important role in further
developing our high-growth and successful UK & Ireland client advisory team. Applying your
exemplary leadership capabilities, you will inspire, coach and develop a team of some of the
most intellectually curious and analytical minds from the management consulting and energy
The team has a well-earned reputation for rigorous analysis and quantification that underpins
our ability to apply and clearly communicate strategic insights and independent advice
to industry leaders, investors and policymakers. We support all parts of the investment cycle
including strategy, market scanning, valuation and transaction support, forecasting and
planning, and operational improvements. Our clients value the integrity, analytical rigor and
clarity of independent thought leadership we apply to each project, helping them make major,
complex, and long-term strategic decisions across traditional and emerging energy markets
including renewables, hydrogen, energy storage and flexibility
- Leadership: you’ll balance the delivery of advisory projects with leading, coaching and inspiring teams of analysts and energy modellers such that they continuously exemplify Aurora’s values, improve their performance capability and develop to their full potential.
- Project delivery: you’ll develop a clear and detailed understanding of the client’s business and expectations, scoping projects, writing proposals, managing projects to time and budget. You will also oversee multiple projects simultaneously, providing both internal and external stakeholders with the orientation they need in critical project phases and situations. You will ensure optimal delivery on clients’ expectations, including selecting the appropriate analytical approach, leading on complex problem-solving, ensuring independent, high quality, rigorous quantitative analysis, interpretation and communication of data insights.
- Developing new consulting business: you’ll independently contribute to building and deepening close client relationships, and as their trusted advisor, you are the first to whom they turn. Additionally, you will acquire new clients and projects, collaborating with internal stakeholders to respond successfully to inbound requests for proposals, by identifying opportunities through establishing and deepening client relationships and building your external profile as a thought leader within the energy ecosystem.
What we are looking forRequired Attributes
- You will evidence equal passion about delivering high quality analytical projects and developing your people.
- You’ll be collaborative by nature and have an empathetic leadership style that demonstrates skill in inspiring, raising performance and developing your teams.
- You’ll want to use you intellectual and analytical excellence to make real and tangible impacts that influence the complex decisions our clients need to make.
- You’ll thrive on using your personal impact to create the highest quality products for clients combining first class analytics and modelling with clear presentation of insights.
- You’ll enjoy using your experience and intellectual rigour to lead projects using advanced quantitative analysis.
- Your strong project management skills will consistently ensure the management and delivery of clients’ projects exceeds their expectations.
- You’ll have a proven track record of winning new business, both through writing compelling proposals in response to client requests, and through proactive business development.
- You must be a native English speaker or be of mother-tongue level.
- You’ll have experience supporting business development in a top-tier management consultancy or relevant industry.
- Experience in the energy industry is highly desirable but not essential if you can demonstrate transferrable skills and experience as well as the desire to contribute to
- Aurora’s mission and the relevant consulting, analytical and leadership skills
What we offer
- The opportunity to substantially influence major decisions in the energy sector
- Direct engagement with clients through Aurora conferences, workshops and webinars
- The opportunity to grow into a publicly visible industry expert
- A fun, informal and international work culture
- An office in the centre of Oxford with coffee, fruit and snacks available in the office
- A competitive salary package
- Access to the Aurora Academy, our training programme offering a range of opportunities to develop your skills
At Aurora we will consider all requests for flexible working. For most roles, the following types of flexibility are usually possible: a hybrid model of remote and in-office working, parttime hours and flexible start and finish times. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility we could offer and we will explore what’s possible for the role.
The Company is committed to the principle that no employee or job applicant shall receive unfavourable treatment on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership and pregnancy and maternity