We are breaking the boundaries and pushing our commitment to the EVTOL world by changing the way the world travels. Our mission is powered by pioneers and progress is our prerogative.
Here at Vertical, we are developing the UK’s first fully electric, vertical take-off and landing aircraft (eVTOL), the VX4. With zero-operating emissions. Vertical is transforming the way people travel by offering a faster, safer, and greener way to move. More about the team you will be joining as a Structural Test Analysis Engineer.
Vertical Aerospace is growing its existing Test Team as its novel aircraft development programme ramps up. Part of this expansion is to bring in an experienced, passionate, and driven Structural Test Engineer. The role will be crucial in Vertical’s programme delivery, developing various rigs to provide crucial data to support the aircraft design, technology development and certification workstreams. The work will involve gathering rig requirements, down selecting solutions, driving the build and commissioning of the rig, to ultimately running the asset to meet the objectives to the required standard, on-time and on-budget. This is an excellent opportunity for an early career engineer to develop their engineering skills in a dynamic and broad scope role. This role will be located across our Bristol office, Kemble Test Facility and occasionally from home when suitable.My Impact as a Structural Test Engineer
The Test Engineer reports to the Structural Test Team Lead and will be supporting numerous structural test rig projects. These can cover research, prototype and certification type activities.
The successful candidate will be able to work in dynamic innovative teams, building positive working environments and diplomatically resolving challenges to programme delivery. Some elements of “hands on” work will be expected, with the assistance of our skilled technicians.What success will look like for the Structural Test Engineer
Everything sounds very interesting but how do I know this is the role for me?
- Working closing with the Structures function and numerous Product Teams to identify the structural test needed and develop pragmatic plans to provide the results on-time
- Being an integral part of a collaborative planning, delivery and reporting for company structural test rig test activities. Structural Tests from component level to full scale aircraft testing
- Co-ordinate the creation of suitable rigs/fixtures to enable the test, on both component and aircraft level tests
- Working closely with structural test rig design engineers and test technicians starting from the design phase of the rig till to the end of test execution
- Working closely with the test requesters to understand the test requirements
- Taking responsibility for the test rig assembly and test execution
We are looking for people that will have the following qualifications and experiences:
Experience Of The Following Is Desired
- Qualification and experiment requirements (must have):
- Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering degree
- 0-3 years of experience in aerospace test engineering environment
- The ability to communicate with different departments is essential
- Have an basic understanding of assembly methods and design considerations
- Ability to write technical test reports.
- Have a basic understanding of tolerance management.
- Basic understanding of aerospace testing methods, instrumentation/calibration requirements, health and safety considerations, data acquisition and certification based activities
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with colleagues across a wide range of technical disciplines
- Be fluent in spoken and written English language
- Basic knowledge of rapid development programmes, maturing new technologies
- Basic knowledge on developing test assets to support aircraft/vehicle certification
- Basic knowledge on assembling test rigs
- Basic knowledge with standard laboratory and workshop tools
- An interest in measurement methods and instrumentation
Why work with us?
For us, it is important that people feel valued for the impact they have and are able to thrive and experience the career journey of a lifetime. Our overall approach to reward seeks to offer competitive packages that attract the diverse and talented people we need to achieve our ambitious objectives.
Our Ways of Working
In the UK we have two offices and a Battery facility in Bristol, an office in London and a site in Kemble with well stocked free kitchen provisions including hot drinks, fruit and breakfasts every weekday. Our typical full time working week is 37.5 hours. We recognise the world of work is rapidly evolving and that flexibility is important for us all to thrive. We want to support all employees to deliver their roles to the best possible standard by offering the right level of flexibility between our key sites and home where suitable for your role and its deliverables and our company goals. Typically, this is agreed with your team and people leader, ensuring there are times for collaboration and other activity on site and the ability to work more remotely from home as appropriate.Our Vertical Additional Benefits
- ‘Primary Benefits’ are available as standard, 5% Pension Match, 2 x Salary Life Insurance, Income Protection, 26 days + bank holiday and the opportunity for extra 5 days when getting married or forming a civil partnership
- ‘Flex Fund Benefits’ are benefits that don’t come as standard, but you can ‘pay’ for using a company provided ‘Flex Fund’ (equal to 4% of salary) Private Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, EV Car Subscription, Home EV Charger, Holiday Buy, Pension Top Up, and many more
- ‘Payroll benefits’ Workplace ISA, Commuter Loan, Interest Free Technology Loans
- ‘Extra benefits’ are the many benefits we offer that can be accessed through our rewards platform, incl. Discounted Shopping Scheme, Eye Care Benefits, Free Mortgage Advice, Financial and Comprehensive Wellness Benefits
- Eligibility to participate in our employee long-term-incentive plan
Do you like the look of this opportunity but not sure if you meet all the criteria we’ve outlined?
Here at Vertical, we are working to create an environment of growth, diversity and opportunities for people to take on challenges and push the status quo. We understand some people may not apply to jobs unless they tick every box. If you're excited about joining us and think you have much of what we're looking for, even if you're not 100% sure... we'd love to hear from you.
This is an on-going advert and interviews will be held on an ad-hoc basis until sufficient applications have been received.