We know that a business only thrives if our people are thriving. That’s why we always put our people first. Our global and diverse team would be happy to support you and challenge you to grow in many ways. Who knows where our joint journey will take you?
We are recruiting for skilled Maintenance Technician T3 level to join our Rolling Stock business at our Bedford Maintenance depot. This role will carry out preventative maintenance fault finding on the depot Rolling Stock and carry out associated activities that support the operation of the 360 /1 Desiro Classic trains.
This role will be based at Bedford so you will need to live within a 1 hour commutable distance. As a Maintenance Technician, you will have electrical and mechanical background and experience of fault diagnosis.
Rail experience is not essential as full training will be given.
This is a shift based role where the working pattern consists of a mixture of days and nights.You‘ll make a difference by ….
Your success will be grounded by …
- Undertake maintenance and repair of the allocated rolling stock to meet the requirements of the production plan.
- Carry out download diagnosis and fault finding to an advanced level.
- Produce complex, analytical technical reports on fault investigation
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills
- Specialise in areas of technical expertise
You'll benefit from …
- Must have relevant experience within a mechanical/electrical engineering environment
- HNC or equivalent in a mechanical/electrical discipline
- Ability to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures
- Good knowledge and understanding for cares of tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate
- Knowledge of Health & Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Computer literate, ability to use a laptop for diagnostic fault finding and rectification purposes
- Ability to understand and interpret relevant technical publications.
- Some experience in basic fault finding.
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday with an option to buy/sell up to 5 days per year
- Attractive pension scheme
- Subsidised BUPA Healthcare
Create a better #TomorrowWithUs!
We value your unique identity and perspective and are fully committed to providing equitable opportunities and building a workplace that reflects the diversity of society. Come bring your authentic self and create a better tomorrow with us!
At Siemens, we promote a growth mindset, the self-belief that we can learn and grow, take on new challenges and adapt to change. If you don't match all the criteria for this role but feel you have transferable skills to enable you to succeed, we encourage you to apply