Snr Manager/Director – Operations
Key Accountabilities & Activities
- Strategic leadership and provision of key technical expertise to ensure the highest quality of operational delivery
- Develops Island operational standards, policies, procedures and best practices
- Leading all operational efforts ensuring quality operations are delivered in line with the Islands scope, corporate standards, authority regulations, budget and Project goals
- Accountable for effective and timely delivery of the proponent operational elements and be responsible for reporting on progress to line manager
- Provide advice to Project teams and assist in solving complex operational issues
- Review and comment on Operational proposals
- Development of Operational work packages in coordination with key Stakeholders
- Operational planning, strategies and delivery for all island assets which includes luxury hotels, villages, villas, mansions, golf courses, marinas, retail, F&B and entertainment.
Background, Skills & Qualifications
- Manage the team of consultants and contractors through the various phases of a project lifecycle from an operational perspective.
- Ensuring, through various project teams and planning support, that project programming and reporting is accurate and timely for operational elements
- Chair operational progress meetings and coordination with all stakeholders
- Assists in preparation and/or review of Tender Documentation Packages comprising of Instructions to Bidders, Contract Form, General Terms Conditions, Bid Forms, etc.
- Monitor the operational preparation and progress as well as quality and execution as per approved technical documentation and project execution plan
- Ensure works are progressed in compliance with Operational Guidelines, Brand Standards, Best Practices and any applicable International Standards
- Lead in operational technical reviews of change management events in coordination with contract / commercial and cost control teams
- Provide ongoing liaison with all stakeholders and key Consultants for coordination and guidance in the interpretation and clarification of operational requirements and standards
- Overseeing and delivering start up workshops for the operational teams, covering operational technical subjects
- Development of Responsibility Matrix that clearly establishes roles and responsibilities
- Identify critical interfaces, and monitor ongoing operational work progress while mitigating risks
- Management and Coordination with operators, tenants, investors and residents to ensure a smooth handover with the contractors and consultants.
- Developing the Operational Management Plan for every Island.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 20 years of experience in the operations and development industry, specializing in the complex large mixed-use developments and large-scale hospitality, commercial and high-end residential projects in the GCC region
- Strong technical skills and experience in operations
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing / coordinating multiple operational teams across all project phases including operations
- Experience in streamlining technical / operational related processes
- Experience in the identification and management of operational risks and recording in a project Risk Register
- Experience in developing bid and tender strategies, preparing tender documentation, evaluation and contract negotiation of operational SLA’s
- Working knowledge in Health, Safety and Environment Operational Management Systems
- Must have a strong Operations background
- Bachelor of Architecture, Engineering or related field.
COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- Archipelago Development Director
- Wider teams on NEOM Islands
- Other Sector / Department teams
- Sector Heads
- Own team and other teams across NEOM
- External partners
- Consultants and Contractors
- Project Management and Cost Consultants