As EHS Officer/Engineer,
person would be responsible for implementing the Environment, Health & Safety measures at sites as per the IMS manual.
He would implement EHS plan for the activities planned at site, conduct EHS training and inspection to ensure safety standards at site. He would also ensure compliance with legal requirements. Create awareness of safety amongst staff at site.Key Responsibilities:
- Facilitate in establishing EHS requirements at workplace
- Ensure the implementation of the EHS Management System and norms as per the IMS manual.
- Preparing and updating Project EHS Plan.
- Identify the training needs, plan and impart training to staff, visitor, subcontractor and workmen at site.
- Investigate incident trends & initiate necessary corrective & preventive actions at sites
- Conducting periodical Site EHS Inspections & report the finding for corrective action
- Review & appraise the site EHS performance and facilitate for improvement
- Organize campaigns, competitions & other special emphasis programs to promote EHS at workplace
- Verify the quality of PPEs & Safety gadgets
- Monitor the evaluation of compliance to legal requirements as identified by the Cluster EHS Manager at the prescribed frequency
- Appraise the project manager & EHS Manager on matters of non-compliance and facilitate compliance
- Act as catalyst for the Project EHS Committee activities.
- Preparing EHS Risk Assessment & Safe Work Method
- Timely reporting of EHS shortcoming to project manager for continual improvement.
- Act as a catalyst for establishing, implementing & maintaining emergency preparedness and response procedure at project sites.
Urgently needed for a construction Company located in UAE for one of its projects in NEOM - KSA
EHS Officer/ Engineer
No. 25 Positions .
Minimum Qualification : Graduate/Diploma/BE/B.Tech – Civil/Elec./Mech. Safety
Qualification : NEBOSH IGC Certification
Experience : Minimum 5 years of experience in Safety in construction sector, preferably power transmission & distribution sector, Solar & wind industry
- Experience of SUBSTATION/Transmission Line/Solar/Wind construction activities
- Experience of handling safety at sites
- Conduct inspection/audit
- Experience of executing safety measures at heights
- Knowledge of using PPEs & Safety gadgets to be used at sites
- Experience of imparting training to sites staff/ workmen/community/society & Legal authorities