The role of Electrical Engineer within ENOWA hydrogen will cross over the boundaries of plant operations and design.
The key output will be to ensure the production availability and quality of the electrical equipment used within ENOWA Hydrogen systems - namely HIDC (Hydrogen Innovation Development Centre) - through direct onsite maintenance and condition monitoring. In addition to this, the role will be involved in engineering design during capital and research projects, and the establishment of ENOWA electrical standards.
The Electrical Engineer will work with a wide range of electrical equipment like transformers, rectifiers, switchgear, UPSs, HV/LV cabling, etc.
With the right candidate, the role will potentially expand to include the management of a team of electrical technicians across the hydrogen portfolio.Responsibilities
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day technical support to Operations and troubleshoot and fix electrical systems including reporting and documentation
- Support development of maintenance procedures in line with manufacturers’ recommendation
- Carry out routine maintenance work and inspections
- Control of maintenance tools, stores, spares, and equipment
- Deal with emergencies, unplanned problems, and repairs
- Continuously improve and optimize maintenance plans
- Troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and diagnose breakdown problems
- Ensure there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdowns
- Manage the installation of new equipment
- Update and maintain engineering documentation, drawings, and databases.
- Participate on the testing & commissioning of the new facilities
- Participate in the planning and execution of plant turnarounds
- Carry out quality inspections on work undertaken by ENOWA employees and contractors
- Provide technical support and training on new equipment for future ENOWA employees and contractors
- Provide technical assistance in engineering and research projects
- Conduct market research for advanced technologies
- Test and pilot new technologies
- Develop and apply safety and equipment procedures.
- Adhering to all safety and performance regulations
- Improve health and safety policies and procedures
- Evaluating equipment performance, recommending improvements and new technologies, specifying materials, supporting equipment operation and managing upgrades
- Analyze system performance and find solution for Energy saving
- Maintain accuracy of EAM system with respect to maintenance
- Help foster a culture of safety within ENOWA hydrogen
- Work with other ENOWA professionals to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of costly breakdowns and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and safety of plant, personnel, and production processes.
- Coordinate specialist contractors and OEMs in the completion of maintenance activities
- Provide guidance and on the job training for junior colleagues and conduct knowledge sharing to facilitate achievement of team objectives and completion of tasks in an efficient manner which is consistent with operating procedures and policy
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in power generation, oil and gas, or hydrogen industry
- Practical experience in the maintenance or fabrication of industrial systems
- Ability to read ingle line diagrams, protection and metering schemes, motor schematics, Hazardous area classification drawings, substation automation architecture, synchronizing and bus changeover schemes.
- Experience with Ex equipment and standards
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Experience in power reliability analysis for electrical distribution systems which involves carrying out power system studies using software like ETAP etc
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize workflow, multitask, meet deadlines, and remain flexible.
- Teamworking skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical engineering