NEOM Green Hydrogen Company Limited (NGHC)
Air Products has entered into an agreement with ACWA Power and NEOM (all 3 have equal ownership) for the development of a $8.4 billion green hydrogen-based ammonia production facility sited in NEOM. This is based on renewable energy principles and the project will integrate over four gigawatts of renewable solar, wind and storage power. It will produce green ammonia for export to global markets. The project is scheduled to be onstream in 2026.
Division: O&M (Power Generation (Solar & Wind), Transmission and Battery Storage)
REPORTS TO: Operations Executive Director
LIAISE/COOPERATE WITH: O&M Superintendents-GHE maintenance managers-Envision -Sungrew.
NO. OF DIRECT REPORTS:5
The person in this position is responsible and accountable for providing active maintenance management leadership, direction and support for sites, establishment of maintenance systems and maintenance Programmes, maintenance execution for planned and un-planned activities according to NGHC standards and procedures, maintenance cost management, maintenance team management, maintenance contractor management, all with a view to maximizing plant reliability and profitability.
NATURE & SCOPE
The main functions of this position are:
- The Power generation, transmission, and storage Maintenance Manager reports directly to the Operations Executive Director. He will be covering all Power generation, transmission, and storage sites. Each site will have its own maintenance resources. Maintenance manager can create resources synergy among his team to optimize manpower utilization.
- Power sites' Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing general maintenance leadership & oversight for all power sites maintenance-related activities including Maintenance Related: Safety accountability, Strategies (Reliability Cantered Maintenance, Risk Based Inspections, Condition Monitoring, Condition Based Maintenance, etc.), Budget/Planning activities, Mechanical Integrity, Contractor Selection & Service Agreements, Training & Development, Implementation of Global & Local Standards / Work Processes / Procedures / Best Practices, Technical Directives, Turnarounds, Spare Parts strategies, CMMS (SAP) Utilization & Optimization.
- The position will coordinate, organize, optimize, and support the execution of predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance activities with the goal of reducing maintenance related costs while improving plant safety, reliability, and availability consistent with the business needs for the power sites' Operating Facilities.
- The position will work closely with the engineering organization, site operations & maintenance teams, and external resources to ensure work activities are executed in a safe and reliable manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- He shall be responsible and accountable cover maintenance management in 4 electrical facilities (Solar power plant, wind power plant, grid and power transmission network, and batteries energy storage systems).This management and control shall reflect on plant reliability , sustainable , and safe operation.
- He shall manage and control all maintenance disciplines, planning , 3rd parties' maintenance contractors and spare parts management.
- Coordination, align, and work with Sungrow and Envision for battery energy systems and Wind turbines generation to insure they are in compliance with extended warranty and Long term service agreement.
- One of his important roles to set warehouses management system and insure all spare parts are available based on (OEM Recommendation, plant needs and reliability studies outcomes). This shall cover all warehouse in wind farm and solar park in addition to warehouses related to power transmission and battery systems in green hydrogen site warehouse.
- Maintenance manager shall work with green hydrogen maintenance managers and material management manager to enhance resources and spare parts synergies.
- Responsible to ensure all maintenance activities are in compliance with all safety, health, and environmental regulations and Corporate/Group requirements. Support plant EH&S goals. Ensure maintenance related EH&S goals are established and achieved. Ensure all non-conformances are investigated and corrective actions are implemented. The aim is to achieve no lost time, recordable or first aid injuries by maintaining safe maintenance practices, completing safety training and demonstrating leadership in BSP compliance.
- Attain maximum plant reliability through the development and execution of maintenance strategies that support the way the facility generates value. Responsibility for the execution of those strategies, scope and planning of maintenance activities, using predictive diagnostic analysis techniques as well as general preventive maintenance program to maximize up-time.
- Accountable and responsible for the creation of and adherence to the annual maintenance budget. Accountable for cost control including timely maintenance cost forecasting. Lead the drive for minimizing maintenance expenditure without compromising safety, environmental control, or plant reliability.
- Foster and support strong working relationships across the NGHC organization, including site based and external contractors, including OEM’s to ensure proper execution of maintenance tasks to fall in line with business demands and effective on-going generation, transmission, power storage and services. Manage the site-based contractors, for their activity to suit the site’s requirements. Lead maintenance meetings and actively participate in department and Facility leadership meetings as needed.
- Accountable and responsible for implementation of Power generation, transmission, and storage sites' maintenance organization human resources plans.
- Actively participate in the leadership of Facility asset management Programme to ensure long term growth and profitability of the facility. Drive the development of the environment of Continuous Improvement and a culture of driving for improvement.
- Support new business development initiatives, as they arise.
- Ensure the required & critical spare part availability in Plant Material Management system to avoid any down time of equipment due to absence of spare at site. work with engineering, material management, operation to review and revise spare parts strategies.
- Lead the incident investigations related to maintenance issues, root cause analysis for repetitive issues & their remedial actions.
- Ensures all staff have clear objectives, regular performance feedback sessions, formal annual appraisals, and development plans, with particular emphasis on the development of talented Saudi national staff.
- Ensures and facilitates the employment, training, and development of Saudi nationals within the organization.
SKILLS / TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AREAS
- Leadership with optimism, self-motivation, compassion, organizational skills, and trustworthiness.
- Good interpersonal skills. know how to deal with grace under pressure, remain calm during unanticipated problems and are respected in the workplace.
- Time and cost management skills.
- Know How to Groom Individuals. helps to motivate, boost productivity, and climb the ladder of success in their career. Encourage & guide the team towards best O&M deliverables & how company objective is aligned with each individual employee objective.
- Problem solving skill. Can assess situations properly, make good judgment calls and act quickly. Problem solving also takes special brain skills that can be developed and improved with the right problem-solving.
- Flexibility. keep up with the pace. With complex equipment and technologies, growing safety standards. Able to adapt to change. shift his modes of working. Welcome new ideas and maintain composure during these abundant changes.
- Manage the team being unbiased & Conduct Conflict Management techniques if any conflict arises.
- Teamwork enabler. promote teamwork enables the team to brainstorm ideas and come up with workable solutions together.
- Technical expertise. identify, address, and resolve technical issues and problems. have more than textbook knowledge.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience of work experience, and 5 + years and above in managerial level role.
- Has experience in power plant maintenance preferably in renewable energy generation, transmission, and storage field fields.
- Graduate/Chartered Electrical Engineer
- Strong organizational, planning, interpersonal and communication skills.
DESIRED EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- The position requires an individual with demonstrated practical engineering and leadership skills, an in-depth knowledge of large plant equipment and maintenance work processes, broad based technical abilities and financial management experiencein renewable energy domain.