Job Description And Qualifications
The Instrument & Control Superintendent will be responsible for all day-to-day activities and provide field management services and oversight of construction safety and activities for a field construction Instrumentation and Controls activities in his working area from planning till the completion of the job.Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Daily and weekly progress reports
- Provide the technical and supervisory support, guidance, mentoring and managing the Sub-Contractor construction team
- Support, promote and champion positive safety culture and ensure all parties are reminded of expectations with regards to safety being number one priority.
- Carry out weekly EHS inspection audits.
- Monitor permit and safe plan of action compliance.
- Continuously observe and monitor the interface of all construction activities for all disciplines, assist managing contractor in resolving any interface coordination issues
- Ensure safety requirements of the project are being met by all parties by supporting and encouraging safe work practices.
- Encourage and promote communication and teamwork
- Monitor the daily working plan and review the work accomplished by each craft.
- Ensures the most current design document is used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
- Review of Method Statements, drawings, schedules and other job safety documents.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, including summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecast.
- Monitors manpower, tools and equipment usage on the site
- Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas
- Assist in developing strategies and initiatives to improve managing contractor and contractor performance
- Assess existing contractor interface performance during construction works and helping to develop and improve activity simultaneous operations (SIMOPS) coordination
- Assist in review and appraisal of method statements and risk assessments for technical content and safety considerations.
- Assist managing contractor with monitoring of the execution of the works, to ensure project quality requirements and standards are met including monitoring of contractor Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s)
- Input into coordination of interface between Vendor Representatives and Contractor
- Assist in system walkdowns with contractor and client
- Attend daily and weekly coordination meetings
- Assist managing contractor to monitor progress & productivity being reported by contractors
- Assist AP Construction Manager in developing detailed reporting of assessment of works and contractor performance. Maintain history on all activities carried out on instrumentation associated with plant systems ensuring compatible materials are being used.
- Ensure that all level 3 safety systems are completed in accordance with AP standards and procedures.
- Ensure post validation of a system there are no further changes.
- Ensuring all site installation and modification on instrument cables are recorded on the single line diagrams.
- Liaise with projects organization to ensure owner’s requirements are met.
- Support DCS staging and field validation with pre-commissioning and controls engineers.
- Provide feedback to design team from actual project experience.
- Report any variations or amendments to the site instrumentation or vendor controls that will impact the schedule directly to the Pre-commissioning team manager.
- Be accountable for the successful preservation and pre-commissioning checks of all analyser units
- Be accountable for the entry and recording of all test and validation activities into the plant completion application
- Work closely alongside the Air Products construction team, and construction contractors to ensure the achievement of the mechanical completion milestone.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent construction site management skills
- Excellent scheduling and contract management skills
- In-depth knowledge about scheduling software (P6 Or Project), and Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge on commercial tendering for large construction projects
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Developing, driving, and enforcing a progressive safety program with the goal of zero incidents.
- Sufficiently involved in field activities to assess and influence safety and quality and have a good understand of progress and productivity.
- Quickly identifying and elevating issues (safety, risk management, quality, schedule, cost) to the Construction Manager.
- Collaborating with the onsite contractors, subcontractors, inspectors, and others in a respectful and professional manner
- Knowledge of construction tools and equipment such as structural drawings, Metal works materials, budgets, international codes, permits, safety aspects, and so on
- Fluent in English
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- BS degree in Engineering, from an accredited university, with 10-15 years of relevant experience
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in Oil and Gas projects
- Ability to read single line drawings, P&IDs, contracts, and other technical documentation
- Ability to troubleshoot and make good and timely decisions in pressurised situations
Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures. Building Customer Loyalty
Effectively meeting customer needs; building productive customer relationships; taking responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty. Communication
Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions. Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. Continuous Improvement
Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions. Continuous Learning
Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application. Contributing to Team Success
Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals. Initiating Action
Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Managing Work (Includes Time Management)
Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Work Standards
Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.Req No.
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & EquipmentBusiness Sector / Division
Middle East, Egypt, Turkey (MEET)Country