Senior Development Manager
Development Managers, Marketing & Sales Team.
"The LINE" Proponent Representative
The Senior Development Manager is responsible for assisting in managing the development of assets on THE LINE, from project inception to delivery and handover/occupation, with particular emphasis on maximizing return on invested capital and operating profitability, including management of cashflow, through close coordination with NEOM Finance and all NEOM Sectors and Departments.
In addition to working closely with the Urban Development (UD), Finance and Real Estate teams to review and coordinate concept strategy, development program and assist in business case for "THE LINE", the Senior Development Manager shall assist in the management of the development of strategies and development programs for THE LINE Regions including targets for asset classes (quantum, mix, quality, price points, etc.), market assessments, value creation strategies, phasing, marketing strategies and investor attraction.
The Senior Development Manager shall also collaborate with colleague leaders across the Proponent, Sector and Department teams to enhance culture of development excellence and elevate the quality of built assets, to deliver the NEOM vision on time, on budget and to the highest international standards.Key Accountabilities & Activities
- Report to the Development Director manage, co-ordinate and direct specific aspects of asset development on THE LINE.
- Work as part of a team to coordinate and oversee Real Estate development, planning, and finance, including any proposed Public/Private Partnerships (PPP's) for regions on THE LINE.
- Work closely with the Development Director / Proponent team to concept strategies, development programs and business cases to review and recommend endorsement of all stages of project proposal before proceeding to master planning phases.
- Collaborate with the Development Director / Executive Director closely and work in conjunction with NEOM Urban Development (UD), NEOM Projects and all NEOM Sector Heads, to define the regional master plan and agree the infrastructure assets required for, and to be delivered, in the regions thereon.
- Assist in / work on Identifying and define strategy for delivery of the phasing and the development strategy, in coordination with all required NEOM Sectors and Departments.
- Work closely with the proponent team to ensure business cases are executed and delivered to the best interests, and financial benefit, of NEOM and manage stakeholder relationships at all levels, particularly any joint venture stakeholders.
- Identify regulatory requirements and ensure corporate governance required to operate in the identified
Background, Skills & Qualifications
- Be an integral part of the team overseeing, leading and mentoring, direct and outsourced completion of all aspects of the development process including legal framework, contract negotiations, procurement, consultant/contractor appointment and project execution.
- Ensure all technical procedures adapted meet with approved NEOM corporate operational objectives.
- Assist in overseeing direct reports to actively implement risk mitigation measures to ensure business cases are secured to meet profit and turnover targets.
- Manage specific elements of the greater Neom Line Development from feasibility, program, design, technical, quality and leasing specifications of projects are achieved through to completion and handover.
- Provide regular feedback with regard to Business Plans, including project status, risk and approved feasibility hurdle rates to the Development Director and Executive Director.
- Coordinate with all development disciplines, with the objective of harmonizing the diversified functions to deliver completed projects in accordance with approved business case objectives.
- Work with the proponent team to prepare RFP and other procurement plans for the delivery of the assets, as required.
- Assist in managing interfaces between various NEOM entities to ensure strict adherence to the agreed delivery schedules and develop contingency recovery schedule, as and when required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 15+ years extensive experience in the development and delivery of multi-asset and multi-disciplinary, complex developments, at least 5 of which in a senior development managers role.
- Good knowledge of, and conversant with, development of concept strategies, development programs and business cases for regional and urban developments.
- Proven track record in relevant real estate development, technical competence across all property development disciplines and P&L accountability.
- In-depth understanding of economic and business/venture strategies with ability to problem-solve and make effective decisions in a fast-paced environment, with good knowledge of technology to support business management.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, design related tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written) and a good command of English and ability to present confidently to small and large audiences
- Proven ability to build professional relationships and trust, with colleagues and internal and external stakeholders alike, with interpersonal skills to build effective relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Fully computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office applications, good knowledge of Microsoft Project, Primavera P6 is desirable
- As NEOM is in start-up mode with accelerated programs, the Senior Manager position requires total commitment and flexibility to achieve key, strategic targets that may require working additional hours.
- leadership ability and rational judgement and reasoning skills, with proven ability to
communicate effectively at design office, site, management, and client levels.Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Admin., Economics, Real Estate, Architecture, Master Planning or Engineering from an accredited university – MBA is desirable.
- Professional registration and accreditation with Economics, Real Estate, Engineer or Urban Design Institute i.e., MACCE, MIED, CARB, PE, MICE, PMP etc.
- Minimum 15 years' experience and proven track record in leading and delivering multi- asset, complex developments with partners, with 5years in a senior management role, preferably in the Middle East.
- Excellent communication skills, with high standard of English (oral and written).