Job Description and Qualifications
This project is part of the most complex capital project and a flagship project for Air Products. It will be the first industrial-scale giga sized project providing a green energy carrier around the world to contribute to the decarbonization of the industry. Air Products have engaged several Sub-Contractors to execute the works, but has the accountability of delivering the entire project under EPC contract with the customer NEOM Green Hydrogen Company(NGHC).
The incumbent in this position is responsible for the managing the day-to-day coordination of the activities that requires direct interface with NGHC operations department such as, but not limited to, capital/operations spares management, special tools tracker, equipment field ITP intervention points, commissioning and start-up coordination, operator training coordination etc., for NEOM Green Hydrogen Elements Site. This requires the incumbent to seamlessly coordinate with project management, construction team, commissioning team and with customer (NGHC Operations).
Incumbent therefore required to have a good experience in large scale industrial facility commissioning or operations but willingness to make career shift to project management. The incumbent should ensure the communications and interfaces with the customer are transparent and in line with the project requirements to deliver the excellent service to the customer, as aligned with Air Products vision and mission statement.
To manage this scope and responsibilities, the incumbent must possess proficiency in communication skills (verbal and written) and adaptability to the emerging complexities during the project execution. The incumbent should also possess influencing skills with self-motivation, focus on safety, delivering results with inclination to continuous learning and accepting challenges. The project is executed utilizing global capabilities, necessitating a robust cross-cultural competency and collaboration with positive mindset.PRINCIPAL DUTIES And ACCOUNTABILITIES
Education And Experience
- Develop and implement the “operations interfaces” tracker for the construction and commissioning phase of the project, with inputs and recommendations from External Interface Manager.
- Manage the day-to-day coordination with Air Products multi-disciplinary team at site to resolve and close the actions arising from the interface coordination meetings with customer Operations team.
- Monitor the status of the capital spares, operations spares – initiation to site delivery, site receipt and preservation until handover to customer by coordinating with procurement, site materials management, turn-over & completions’ Project teams.
- Develop and ensure robust tracker for special tools receipt at site, interim usage by contractors, preservation and their final handover to the customer.
- Coordinate the site procurement process for acquiring capital and non-capital elements that were left outside the engineering scope nevertheless essential to facilitate the Project completion of the EPC scope.
- Collaborate with the Area Project managers and Interface Project managers in critical actions arising from the coordination meetings with customer.
- Prepare and expedite implementation, with relevant follow ups, of the tasks arising from the Operations Readiness Inspection (ORI) and Operational Readiness Review requiring inputs from the different EPC Project Stakeholders and are associated to customer (NGHC Operations) for Project delivering prior Start-up.
- Support the Project Manager – Operator training and final documentation in coordinating tasks specific to Green Hydrogen Elements scope as per Interface Project Manager’s guidance.
- Monitor compliance to applicable Project specifications, performance standards, QA/QC policies & procedures, and best practices during Operational Readiness Inspection/Review.
- Review ORI Engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions when needed.
- Provide assistance and technical support to the Project Manager and other Project functions when required.
- Graduate in Science or Engineering Degree
- Minimum three years of experience in large industrial facility operations or commissioning and turn-over is required.
- Overall experience of five to seven years is added advantage.
- Experience and exposure to materials management, procurement / contract management is required.
- Knowledge design and construction of machinery equipment, electrical equipment and instrumentation are essential.
- Self-motivated, result oriented, pro-active individual who can work independently as individual contributor at tactical level with multiple functions.
- Excellent organizational skills with documentation and reporting are necessary.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Decision making ability, adaptability and accountability.
Fixed Term (agency) - Full TimeOrganization
Global Engrg Mfg Technology & EquipmentBusiness Sector / Division
Middle East, Egypt, Turkey (MEET)Country