We are seeking an internationally experienced dynamic, versatile and pioneering Head of School, experienced in leading an international school offering the four programs of the IB, and confident to lead our school as we progress through the IB Authorization process for IB PYP, MYP, DP and CP. He/she must be able to provide professional leadership and management for this ECC-G12 school as the leading professional in the school.
Accountable to the Director of Schools and Education, The Executive Director of EC-12 and the NEOM Community School Internal Advisory Board, the Head of School will provide vision, leadership, and direction for the school, and ensure that it is managed effectively and efficiently and in accordance with the ECC-12 Strategy and NEOM Values.
She/he will be accountable for upholding the aims and targets set for the whole school and the culture of the school, ensuring a collaborative working relationship through ECC to G12 and will affirm the work of the school in contributing to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Vision 2030 and the NEOM commitment to innovative and future oriented learning and teaching ‘beyond walls and halls’
The Head of School is responsible for the internal organisation, leadership, and management of the school in accordance and compliance with Child Protection and Safeguarding law and best practice and all NEOM wide and school policies, and to ensure that the strategic and operational planning, day to day running and development of the work of the NEOM Community School is carried out in accordance with the strategy, vision and aims of the NEOM Early Childhood through Grade 12 sector.Key Accountabilities & Activities
The Head Of School Will Also Be Accountable For
- The Head of School will report directly to the Director of Schools and Education EC-12 and Executive Director for EC-12, and is responsible for implementing the Board approved strategy under the direction of the Sector leadership.
- Working in collaboration with the NCS Senior Leadership Team, he/she will be responsible for leading the school through the IB PYP, MYP, DP and CP authorization process
- Evaluating the school’s performance against the ACE standards of the NEASC Accreditation (currently underway).
- Identify the priorities for continuous improvement; raising standards; ensuring equality of opportunity for all; developing school and IB policies and practices in conjunction with the ERI Team and the Internal Advisory Board
- Providing relevant data to staff for discussion regarding student progress after examinations; ensuring that resources are efficiently and effectively deployed to achieve the school and NEOM vision and aims; the day to day management, organisation and administration of the school.
- He/she will support the recruitment and retention of the school teaching, support and school administrative staff and be responsible to the NEOM Community School Board for maintaining high quality learning and teaching, outcomes and results.
Background, Skills & Qualifications
- Supporting the ongoing implementation and review of the 0-5 Matters and the four program IB curriculum, including promoting a secure foundation from which to achieve the standards of excellence in all areas of the school’s work.
- He/she will promote the school’s ‘high-tech, high-touch’ digital strategy and promote the use of innovative AI, AR, and VR as the infrastructure of learning and teaching.
- The Head of School will promote high quality learning and teaching through robust quality assurance, to maximize opportunity for student achievement in all aspects of school life and work toward realising the potential of all students, whilst respecting the context and culture of NEOM and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- He/she will establish and promote a school culture that strives to maintain excellence in all aspects, and delivers a premium education offer to both local and international students.
- Drawing on the support provided by members of the school community, he/she will be responsible for creating an inspirational, innovative, and productive learning environment, that is both engaging and nurturing for all students and adults in line with the NEOM corporate board-approved strategy, vision and mission
- Working with the NEOM Community School Senior Leadership Team, the Head of School will play a key role in contributing to the quality and development of education and in promoting and monitoring quality and consistency within and across each Division.
- He/she will secure the commitment of the wider NEOM community to the school by developing and maintaining effective partnerships with all stakeholders, governance, universities, other services and agencies for children.
- He/she will forge a positive relationship with the KSA Ministry of Education and will work in collaboration with the Director of Schools and Education and Executive Director EC-12 to establish mutually beneficial partnerships with external education, business, and commercial organisations to the benefit the school.
- Lead and guide the Parent Association Leadership Group and wider Parent Association
- Provide regular update reports as requested to the Internal Advisory Board
- Prepare and present regular reports to the EC-12 Executive Leadership Team, including monthly and semi-annual summaries of learning developments and outcomes, standardized testing, attendance, risk-register monitoring, and compliance
- Regular review and feedback on the quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- Protect the reputation, values, and professional standing of NEOM Community School and Corporation always
- Bachelor’s degree and master’s Degree
- Self-starter, widely experienced in a strategic senior leadership role in an international IB school, ([preferably start up) serving a local and ex-pat community e.g. Head of School, Principal or Superintendent
- Experience of working for and/or within a corporate organization.
- Experience of working in the Middle East/GCC region is a must.
- Experience of full IB PYP, MYP DP and CP programs, with excellent pedagogical knowledge and understanding of ECC-12 is a must.
- Highly fluent, personable and persuasive communicator at all levels, preferably able to speak a second language. Culturally and contextually aware.
- Clear thinker, collaborator, strategic innovator, and creative problem solver, analytical and solution focused, able to work under high pressure and in a corporate structure and environment.
- Able to deliver consistently high performance and nurture other leaders through impartial, insightful and collaborative leadership and integrity.
- Calm under pressure, highly motivated and outcomes driven.