NEOM Green Hydrogen Company Limited (NGHC)
NEOM Green Hydrogen Company (NGHC) is developing a $8.4 billion green hydrogen-based ammonia production facility sited in NEOM. NGHC is a Joint Venture by Air Products, ACWA Power and NEOM (all 3 have equal ownership). Air Products is the main EPC Contractor. This is based on renewable energy principles and the project will integrate over four gigawatts of renewable solar, wind and storage power. It will produce green ammonia for export to global markets. The project is scheduled to be onstream in 2026.
Division: NGHC Project Management
REPORTS TO: Executive Project Director
LIAISE/COOPERATE WITH: Leadership Team, Project Directors, Commercial, Supply Chain, HR.
The stakeholder manager will play a crucial role in managing relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. This role includes identifying and engaging with stakeholders, continuously improving stakeholder engagement strategies, and driving the growth and development of NGHC business projects.
NATURE & SCOPE
The stakeholder manager will establish project development strategies through interfacing with key internal and external stakeholders that support the growth of NGHC business goals. This involves building relationships with NGHC leadership team, shareholders, and governmental entities. The incumbent will implement the Stakeholder Management Plan (SEP) with Neom and Tanmia, as well as develop other social responsibility programs in collaboration with Neom/Tanmia to deliver value to the local community and address the wellbeing of workers associated with the project. Furthermore, the incumbent will manage the necessary permits and approvals from authorities, lead regular audits of the permits, and resolve conflicts and address concerns raised by stakeholders. The incumbent will build positive relationships with stakeholders and ensure their input and recommendations are considered in organizational decision-making processes and appropriate communication channels are in place with stakeholders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Implement SEP for each of the sites (GHE, Shigry, Aqbah and transmission lines) in line with IFC Standards and as mandated by Lenders Environmental Advisor, RINA. Refer to Appendix-I.
- Manage the quarterly audits by RINA in relation to SEP implementation and monitoring.
- Manage the close out of Phase 1 of Tanmia PAPs in accordance with the lenders timelines.
- Manage the full Phase 2 implementation of Tanmia PAPs in accordance with the lender’s timelines.
- Develop engagement plans/programs, as to be agreed with Neom and ensure they are aligned with company strategies.
- Maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, gather feedback, and make necessary adjustments to improve stakeholder engagement.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis and mapping as well as identify key stakeholders and their level of influence.
- Manage NGHC permits list and their renewals and conduct regular audits to ensure NGHC meeting the conditions.
- Oversite of the permits necessary for EPC and its subcontractors by authorities as per local regulations to ensure that project execution is performed safely, meets the local regulations, and follows the Saudi law and regulatory framework, especially any new NEOM standards or policies.
- Proactively identify potential conflicts and risks that may arise and present possible mitigating solutions to the leadership team.
- Support the Business Development team for the project expansion in terms of permitting, interfaces and the wider stakeholder management issues and negotiation if necessary.
- Provide business updates to leadership team and report on risks, successes and areas that need improvement.
- Support the legal and commercial team with up-to-date information on changing laws, regulations to ensure compliance with relevant and current regulatory policies.
- Support the leadership team with up-to-date industry trends locally and internationally to ensure effective documentation of activities.
SKILLS / TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AREAS
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Conflict management and resolution skill.
- Proven ability to negotiate as per company values and goals.
- Experience with design and implementation of Stakeholder Management Plan.
- Proven record of managing stakeholder of large infrastructure projects.
- Experience of implementation of Stakeholder Management Plan.
- MS Proficiency.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public relations, or related field.
· Fluent in Arabic and English communications – verbal and written.
· Strong knowledge of authorities’ requirements and stakeholder management in multinational corporate.
· Previous work with Tanmia is preferred.
MINIMUM YEARS EXPERIENCE IN SIMILAR JOB ROLE
· 5 - 8 years