The OXAGON Design Department, as part of the Development Division, is searching for a dynamic and innovative Sustainable Assets in Design Construction and Operation manager to join the Sustainable Development Team. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for an experienced career professional with highly developed technical knowledge. The NEOM giga-project aims to be the most sustainable development project on the planet. This role is critical in supporting the implementation of NEOM’s Sustainability Commitments in the planning design, construction, and operation phases for all projects across OXAGON. The Sustainable Assets in Design Construction and Operation Manager is responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Coordinate and manage the effective, high quality and timely interface between the development division and other NEOM Departments such as the Project Sector in relation to asset sustainable design, construction, and operation strategy implementation for nominated projects across NEOM.
- Drive the implementation of best practice and innovative sustainable design through conducting a variety of energy, daylighting, and thermal comfort simulation with the objective of achieving NEOM sustainability goals for building and infrastructure assets.
- Support proponents, design team by managing the preparation of sustainability-related reports including energy and water efficiency and embodied and operational carbon strategies based on green building rating standards and codes requirements such as LEED and Mostadam or equivalent and the International Green Construction Code; Saudi Green Building Code 1001; and the Saudi Energy Code 601 to meet both embodied and operational carbon target set to zero.
- Collaborate closely with both senior managers (sustainable infrastructure design and net zero carbon) to develop innovative offset programs- carbon and biodiversity.
- Interface closely with the Sustainable Developments division (including commissioning agent (CxA) and Senior Sustainability Engineers (LCA / energy Specialist), proponent design team, and the Projects Sector to ensure appropriate, rigorous, and timely assessment of OXAGON development projects.
- Responsible for proactively engaging with planning, design, construction, and operation teams on architectural and Mechanical Electrical Plumbing (MEP) building design issues pertaining to sustainability to meet NEOM targets.
- Guides building designers and sustainability specialists in the sustainability compliance of the assets.
- Manage the nominated rating system scheme (LEED, WELL, Mostadam) and associated certification process and documentation across OXAGON projects to meet performance targets.
- Drive the compliance of Sustainable Building design documentation from Stage 1 (Feasibility) through to Stage 5 (Operations) for Energy, Water and Indoor Environmental Quality requirements including passive and active design strategies.
- Provides technical support and guidance related to embodied carbon and operational energy and greenhouse gas emissions within NEOM and to external stakeholders where interface is required (e.g., developers/ consultants/ suppliers).
- Manage the energy modelling services using IES; eQUEST, Energy Plus or equivalent software; and daylighting and thermal comfort simulations; quality control and review modeling and associated reports in line with NEOM Sustainability Requirements for the Built Environment.
- Coordinate with/support contractors including MEP/civil engineers.
- Conduct product and technology research related to Energy & Water efficiency and Conservation.
Innovate and contribute to solve design challenges in a changing environment.Background, Skills & Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
The Sustainable Assets Manager (Design Construction and Operation) should have a track record of leading and delivering sustainable buildings and approvals for mega-projects of international significance. In addition, their experience should ideally span the development life cycle from conceptualization, feasibility, engineering, construction, commissioning, operations, and decommissioning.
A s a minimum the role will require:
- Fifteen (15) + years’ experience across the fields of energy and carbon management in buildings including building physics.
- Strong working knowledge of MEP, Design, Construction Management and Operations activities.
- Professional qualification and work experience with development, and/or implementation of ‘Sustainability Rating Systems’ such as USGBC LEED, Mostadam, PEER, Passive House or equivalent and a strong understanding of energy and carbon management.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing a sustainability program, policies and regulatory frameworks or processes such as ISO50001 energy management systems; ISO14064 (quantification and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions and removals).
- Experienced in building physics modelling (Energy, Daylight, Comfort, Parametric).
- Developed knowledge of engineering and architectural principles to analyze and interpret documentation and drawings.
- Possess a body of knowledge that allows you to evaluate sustainable design attributes and opportunities within designs, and where improvements are required (mechanical, façade, spatial etc.).
- Strong technical sustainability skills across building design services including effective. management of resources and assets, i.e., Energy simulation and related data analysis, interpretation, and implementation.
- Strong verbal communication & report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (Written, electronic, spoken English); and hands-on engineering and project management skills.
- Excellent Planning and Organization skills required for NEOM fast-paced environment
- Bachelor Engineering Science, and
- Master’s degree in engineering science, and
- Must be LEED AP with minimum 10 years’ experience in LEED projects