FM Design Senior Manager
The LINE FM Design Director Direct Reports
Design Managers and Consultants Division
The LINE Department
The LINE FM Role Purpose
The FM Design Senior Manager
shall report directly to the Design Director during the design reviews of all master plans and asset designs related to The Line, specifically real estate, public realm, community assets and common areas, and shall be responsible for ensuring all designs are compliant with FM design regulations, codes, and standards.
In addition to being the primary point of contact for all design review consultations with The Line Proponent, Urban Planning (UP) and the relevant Sector/Dept., the FM Design Sr Manager shall collaborate closely with all entities to ensure FM design review comments are reflected in each iteration of master plans and designs, including expert FM review of each and every asset on The Line.
As a lead member of the FM technical team, the FM Design Sr Manager shall collaborate with colleague leaders across the Proponent, Sector and Department teams to enhance culture of development excellence, elevate the quality of built assets FM to the highest international standards, and achieve full alignment with NEOM vision and expectation.
In addition, a s a pivotal team member, they will collaborate across all levels and departments to provide design expertise, operational readiness, and project management support. While the focus is on Design Review, the FM Design Senior Manager's role will extend beyond design review, engaging in operational aspects and PMO activities to support the delivery of The LINE FM’s objectives.Key Accountabilities & Activities
Background, Skills & Qualifications
- Lead the review team/consultants to conduct comprehensive FM reviews of all master plans and asset designs, ensuring alignment with FM regulations, codes, and standards.
- Proactively work with master planners and designers to identify and address FM design issues, facilitating efficient implementation and operational readiness.
- Assume a hands-on role in operational readiness, actively working with the FM Operations team to ensure designs incorporate operational efficiency and future maintenance requirements. Be ready to pivot from design-centric tasks to operational tasks as necessary to support the team.
- Engage actively in project management/PMO activities, ensuring the design team aligns with project milestones and objectives. Contribute to the project management process beyond a design review capacity, supporting broader project goals and timelines.
- Forge strong working relationships with counterparts in all NEOM Sectors/Depts., ensuring the design of each asset benefits from expert FM review and aligns with NEOM's strategic vision.
- Align FM design and technical procedures with NEOM's corporate operational objectives, supporting the FM Design Director in a proactive and resourceful manner.
- Work closely with Procurement to develop Procurement Sourcing Plan for all design-related contracts expected to be procured.
- Foster a culture of adaptability and resilience, embracing tasks outside of immediate role responsibilities, and demonstrating leadership and initiative in all aspects of work.
- Ensure strict adherence to delivery schedules and develop contingency recovery schedules, as and when required, demonstrating a capacity for proactive problem-solving and efficient project management.
- Actively contribute to the larger team and company goals, seeking opportunities to support and drive initiatives beyond the immediate remit of the design review process. Show willingness to engage in areas outside of the design to contribute to The Line FM's broader success.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- 12+ years extensive experience in FM design for mega, multi-disciplinary projects (residential, commercial, industrial, sports, marine etc.), at least 7 of which in a design management role.
- Fully conversant with international FM design regulations, codes, and standards for large scale regional and urban developments.
- Proven track record in leading FM design reviews, implemented through execution and operation phases.
- In-depth understanding of FM requirements as they relate to design, with proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, design related tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written) and a good command of English and ability to present confidently to small and large audiences.
- Proven ability to build professional relationships with colleagues and internal and external stakeholders alike, with interpersonal skills to build effective relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Fully computer literate, proficient in Microsoft Office applications with good knowledge of Microsoft Project, Primavera P6; familiarity with CAFM is desirable.
- Strong leadership ability and rational judgement and reasoning skills, with proven ability to communicate effectively at design office, site, management, and client levels.
- BSc/MSc in Facilities Management, or BEng with the appropriate experience in FM strategy for large, mixed used developments.
- Professional registration and accreditation with applicable institute i.e. CIWFM or FIWFM with IWFM (Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management) or FMP/CFM with IFMA (International Facilities Management Association).
- Excellent communication skills, with high standard of English (oral and written).
- The Line FM Design Director
- The Line FM Dept. ED
- CEO Office/ExCom
- NEOM Sector/Department Heads
- Industry associations and Standards bodies
- 3 rd Party Consultants & Professional Advisors
- 3 rd Party JV Partners and Investors
- Related Government agencies