Lead, Container Planning Sector
Port Sea Mobility Department
Port Operations Role Purpose
The Lead, Container Planning is responsible for all container planning matters, from the existing port operations to the development of future port assets. He shall act as a truly enabler to the automation ramping up, supporting all activities required to improve efficiency and productivity by reducing time and cost associated with manual handling process.Responsibilities
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
Background, Skills & Qualifications
- Manage daily planning operations in different areas, from Berth, Vessel, and Yard Planning to Resource deployment.
- Monitor and ensure cost effective resource deployment and efficient planning operations to achieve the set KPIs.
- Ensure policies and procedures for operational, safety, environment, and security compliance of all related activity areas.
- Manage staff development and performance, including coaching, training, appraisals, discipline, and grievances.
- Provides strategic yard strategy & layout settings to enable seamless cargo flow.
- Make certain all schedules are prepared and distributed in a timely manner so that work continuity is ensured and that shift handovers are executed efficiently and without loss of information.
- Make sure that there is a process of continuous improvement in the planning department.
- Coordinate with Resource Planning Tean and Engineering dept. for the equipment planned maintenance.
- Ensure development of planning related matters to the future assets under development, including recruitment, training, processes’ design, technology deployment
- Support the business interface and system integration for the horizontal transfer of containers from the container terminal to warehouse
- Keep close communication with the automation team and act as an enabler towards its development steps, such as: configuration, testing, commissioning, training, remote operations, optimization, real time monitoring, dynamic planning, predictive planning as well as artificial intelligence, equipment automation, autonomous, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The position requires a professional standard of knowledge to lead teams through functional/general expertise in container operations as well as broad management skills, multi-sector planning experience is highly preferable.
- Implementation of green field and / or brown field projects is a plus.
- Knowledge in port automation and integration initiatives is a must.
- Experience in TOS usage and implementation is highly preferrable.
- Experience in container terminal automation is highly preferrable.
- Fundamental process development, project management skills
- Have good command of both written and spoken English
COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, Supply Chain & Logistics or equivalent
- Relevant years’ experience in the container and port industry
- Marine Services
- Process Development
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Other Government Authorities
- Shipping Line / Shipping Agents
- TOS Developer
- Service & Equipment providers