Senior Manager Regulatory Job Code
Legal Director: Transactions/Regulatory Direct Reports
Ibrahim ElSadiq Division/Section
Legal Department Department
Legal Job Family
NEOM is a bold and audacious dream, a vision of a new future where entrepreneurship, innovation and sustainable living will thrive. NEOM Company’s Legal Department is responsible for ensuring that this ambitious mission is delivered, by providing legal support to NEOM’s sectors, departments and subsidiaries.
We are searching for a Senior Manager regulatory attorney to provide legal support on all regulatory, government affairs, competition/antitrust, foreign investment, consumer protection and internal compliance related projects and matters. This will include providing legal support on regulatory issues on corporate & financial transactions. The role requires basic understanding of the Saudi regulatory framework, the ability to learn novel areas of law, juggle multiple matters and work with multi-jurisdictional teams comprised of internal and external counsel.Key Accountabilities & Activities
- Build relationships with the business to become a trusted advisor
- Provide advice and support to legal senior management and line manager in respect of regulatory and M&A/ Transactions matters and projects.
- Work effectively with outside counsel, serving as the primary internal liaison on all regulatory matters
- Analyze and communicate external legal advice with respect to any regulatory related queries
- Conduct legal research into various regulatory issues
Background, Skills & Qualifications
- Take the lead on various legal and commercial projects and the related documents, reviews, and discussions.
- Advise on regulatory environment and approval processes, competition/ antitrust, foreign investment and other regulatory aspects and disputes matters
- Assist and support others within the Legal Department and the commercial businesses by providing advice, training and/or guidance on regulatory related matters
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders to address day-to-day legal issues and resolve them quickly and effectively and provide legal advice to the business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in advising on regulatory matters, including government affairs, competition/antitrust, compliance and investigations matters.
- Experience in all aspects of regulatory notifications, applications, and dealing with KSA regulatory authorities.
- Experience in advising on commercial agreements, policy documents, related documentation and day-to-day legal issues.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to influence and collaborate with members of the legal team and business partners.
- Strong analytical skills, solutions oriented and with a practical approach.
- Self-directed with strong initiative, organizational skills, and ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexibility, creativity and ability to adapt to changing needs
COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- Relevant technical expertise and law firm or in-house experience
- At least 8-10 years PQE
- Superior academic credentials with a law degree from a leading university and/or law school
- Willingness to be based in NEOM
- Desire to flex into other legal disciplines to provide comprehensive business support welcome
- Saudi nationals are preferred
- GCC experience is a plus
- Fluent in both Arabic & English languages.
Multiple business sectors across NEOM’s organization
Outside Counsel Partners VERSION TRACKING
Date: First Review by
Date: Second Review by
Date: Approved by