Senior Manager, ERM and BC
Director of Finance and Planning
NEOM U Finance
Education, Research, and Innovation Sector (ERI Sector)
The ERI Sector will be a world class education, research, and innovation hub, that inspires and empowers the best minds: technology to better the world, innovation through the "lab of the future” and life-long personalized development. It will be focused on the fusion of the liberal arts with digital thinking, computing, and technology to solve humanity’s most pressing problems. ERI Sector’s Faculty, Scientist, and students, through immersive, synergistic relationships and partnerships with the NEOM community, its other sectors, and The Line, will serve as the creators and stewards of the “living laboratory” NEOM aspires to be, to imagine, inspire and enable the groundbreaking discoveries and breakthrough innovations the world needs to advance and to thrive. Their innovative approaches in technology-enabled, personalized experiential learning across disciplines, and their bold research pursuits to conquer pressing societal challenges and to define new scientific frontiers, will be supported by exceptional facilities and laboratories which, augmented through immersive partnerships with the NEOM sectors, their industrial partners, and the Line, will enable and foster an unmatched ecosystem for purposeful collaboration, life-long learning and creative exploration at the service of society.
Senior Manager of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Business Continuity at NEOM University is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and maintenance of comprehensive risk management strategies and business continuity plans. This role will involve identifying potential risks to the university's operations, assets, and reputation, and implementing measures to mitigate these risks. The Senior Manager will also play a vital role in establishing protocols to ensure the university's ability to continue critical operations during unforeseen events or emergencies.Key Accountabilities & Activities
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM):
- Develop and maintain a robust ERM framework to identify, assess, and prioritize risks across NEOM University's operations.
- Facilitate risk assessments and analysis in collaboration with relevant departments and stakeholders to ensure a thorough understanding of potential risks.
- Monitor risk exposure and track key risk indicators to proactively address emerging risks.
- Prepare risk reports for senior management and the board of directors to enable informed decision-making.
Business Continuity Planning:
- Design and implement comprehensive business continuity plans to ensure the university's ability to maintain essential services and operations during disruptive events.
- Coordinate with various departments to identify critical business processes and establish recovery strategies for each function.
- Conduct regular testing and simulations of business continuity plans to validate their effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and lead training sessions to raise awareness and ensure all relevant staff members are familiar with the business continuity protocols.
- Act as a key point of contact during crisis situations, providing leadership and guidance to relevant stakeholders.
- Establish communication protocols to ensure a coordinated response to crises, both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with emergency response teams to integrate crisis management and business continuity plans seamlessly.
Compliance and Regulatory Requirements:
- Stay informed about relevant laws, regulations, and industry standards related to risk management and business continuity.
- Ensure the university's risk management and business continuity practices align with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain documentation to demonstrate compliance and readiness to regulatory authorities.
Risk Awareness and Training:
Background, Skills & Qualifications
- Promote a risk-aware culture across the university by organizing workshops, seminars, and training sessions for employees and stakeholders.
- Foster a proactive approach to risk management by encouraging the reporting of potential risks and near-miss incidents.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Business Continuity, or a related field. A Master's degree is a plus.
- Proven experience (typically 5+ years) in enterprise risk management, business continuity planning, or a related role.
- Strong understanding of risk assessment methodologies and best practices.
- Familiarity with crisis management and emergency response protocols.
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards related to risk management and business continuity.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities, with the capability to influence and collaborate with diverse teams.
- Project management skills to lead the development and execution of risk management initiatives.
- Professional certifications in risk management or business continuity (e.g., CRISC, CBCP) are advantageous.
Note: This job description is intended to convey essential job duties and responsibilities and is not exhaustive. Management may revise this description at any time. COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- ERI Sector and other NEOM sectors
- Some interactions with other organizations’ staff