In support of, and to enable, OXAGON to be the easiest place in the world to do business, the Investor Care Center (ICC) ultimately aims to be a fully activated one-stop-shop supporting incoming investors/ tenants with a range of integrated advisory, operational and administrative services throughout their investor/ tenant onboarding journey which enables investors/ tenants to navigate the broad business and regulatory environment to successfully design, build, and operate their assets at OXAGON and position them for future growth. As part of ICC, the Industrial Leasing function aims to drive all aspects of the industrial leasing portfolio, including but not limited to providing lease related expertise during investor attraction; commercial negotiations; development and review of Land Lease Agreements (LLAs) for investors; risk assessments; ensuring active lease administration; disputes, violations, and claims management; and management of all requirements that fall under LLAs.
The role’s purpose of the ‘Manager, Industrial Leasing’
is as follows:
- Establish and set up the foundational framework for the Industrial Leasing function, ensuring it aligns with ICC’s strategic objectives and meets the operational needs of the business.
- Drive the development of a comprehensive industrial leasing strategy across the manufacturing zone and work across the organization to articulate and align with all relevant strategies
- Work with relevant teams across Oxagon during the investor attraction activities and provide expertise regarding to the land lease agreements, technical requirements, associated risks and their impacts on commercial negotiations
- Develop, implement, and continually refine service offerings, and necessary templates in alignment with all relevant OXAGON departments to ensure streamlined, efficient, and consistent industrial leasing processes across all investor interactions.
- Drive the development, review, and improvement of standard LLA templates in alignment with the legal team and all relevant OXAGON departments and spearhead the finalization of tenant-specific agreements through vetting relevant technical requirements and commercial negotiations.
- Actively manage LLAs by assessing tenants’ compliance with the terms and conditions, ensure fulfilment of involved parties’ obligations and foster positive tenant relationships.
Drive the operational and financial administration of leases, including invoicing, renewals, extensions, amendments, and terminations, aligned with NEOM's standards and regulations
- Champion the resolution of tenant violations, resolve escalations and manage any event of defaults, when required.
- Design and manage intuitive dashboards and reports to track progress and performance of the Industrial Leasing function.
- Establish and oversee governance controls for industrial leasing activities, ensuring alignment with NEOM's strategic directives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within ICC, OXAGON, and NEOM to enable service delivery to tenants, maximize operational efficiency and avoid any overlapping duties or processes.
- Lead the scaling of the Industrial Leasing function through hiring and management of any relevant third parties.
Undertake any additional responsibilities and tasks in industrial leasing as mutually agreed with the ICC Director. Planning and strategy
As a Manager, Leasing Advsior
you will, on a regular and ongoing basis, be accountable for the following activities:
- Ensure the strategic purpose and direction of the ICC is fit for purpose in supporting the aims of NEOM, OXAGON and the aims of OXAGON investors/ tenants.
- Ensure that planning, operations and PMO tools and processes are fit for purpose and updated in line with supporting the aims of NEOM, OXAGON and the aims of OXAGON investors/ tenants.
- Actively support, set up and run workshops, and other engagements, with internal and external stakeholders including developing content, and following through on actions
As ‘Manager, Industrial Leasing’
- Act as a respected and knowledgeable lead to positively position NEOM, OXAGON, and the ICC with their various stakeholders and audiences.
- Independently lead, manage, and drive forward your responsibilities that underpin the Industrial Leasing function.
Seek to evolve the ICC functions appropriately to support best the aims of NEOM, OXAGON, and its investors/ tenants. People
As ‘Manager, Industrial Leasing’
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience
- Be part of a high-performance working environment embracing and living NEOM’s values.
- Set high standards of behaviour, work standards, and values as a growing manager in the ICC/ OXAGON team.
- Support the evaluation of ICC performance against stated objectives.
- 8+ of relevant experience, or in relevant adjacencies.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industrial land lease management, lease strategies, agreements, regulations, and associated risk assessments.
- Strong commercial negotiation skills
- Proven experience in managing industrial lease agreements, including technical requirements, disputes, other violations, claims, etc.
- Strong financial acumen with a track record of managing invoicing processes.
- Able to work effectively in, and contribute to, a diverse and multicultural environment.
- Exposure to the Saudi Arabian business environment is a plus.
- Proven stakeholder management and networking capabilities.
- Team player able to work in a highly matrixed organization.
- Able to perform to high standards in a high-pressure, often fluid, and sometimes ambiguous and demanding environment.
- Effectively uses MS PowerPoint, Projects, Word, and Excel.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree.
- MBA or other relevant master’s degrees is a plus