Planner, Scheduling and Routing - Transportation
Supply Chain & Logistics Department
Freight Forwarding Role Purpose
NEOM will be the benchmark for the world’s next generation integrated port, supply chain & logistics ecosystem.
Working with NEOM stakeholders and relevant authorities, you will play an integral role within the Trucking Division part of the Freight Forwarding division of NEOM Supply Chain & Logistics.
You will be part of our Freight Forwarding business unit and responsible for truck scheduling and routing planning, within our Trucking Division and Function, enabling our customers to optimize their supply chains through seamless road freight solutions.
You will assist the Distribution Manager and Operations Lead to establish a best in class and a technologically advanced Trucking division. You will work with other teams within the SC&L Business Unit, including Warehousing, Freight Forwarding, Last Mile and Customs Clearance to ensure that cargoes are planned and transported in line with regulations from both KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) and NEOM.
You are a self-driven individual, who strives to achieve results whilst maintaining a positive ethical approach and adhering to high standards of health, safety, and environmental practices. You are pragmatic, seek solutions to challenges and work well within a multi-cultural environment. You are able to work accurately and efficiently, with good organizational skills.Key Accountabilities & Activities
Operational & Planning
- Uphold a culture of business process improvements that support continuous improvements and efficiencies.
- Develop a database of optimal routes, taking into consideration road layout changes and operational times.
- Assist with resource Planning (workforce and assets) to ensure safe and efficient utilization, to support business activities.
- Maintain and provide operational schedules allowing Distribution Manager to have overview of asset and workforce distribution.
- Liaise with Operations Lead to ensure up to date database of deployed, available and out service assets.
- Support the successful completion of technology projects.
- Motivate colleagues at organizational level to develop innovative solutions for driving change.
- Review areas in logistics operations where technology can enhance processes.
- Review better ways to approach problems through technology.
- Assist with cargo consolidation plans to identify savings in space, cost, and efficiency.
- Support the Distribution Manager and Operations Lead with sub-contracted or leased asset contractors to minimize downtime and maximize utilization.
- Support the Distribution Manager and Operations Lead to review effectiveness of HSE & Risk Management Plans and ensure they remain visible, effective and are being adhered to.
- Reporting to the Distribution Manager
Background, Skills & Qualifications
- Develop and maintain day to day resource planning and distribution of the truck fleet.
- Support the Distribution Manager and Operations Lead to ensure that operations work within the KSA Regulatory and NEOM Framework.
- Support the Distribution Manager to manage assets and available business in such a way as to minimize operational expenses while maximizing equipment utilization and driving profitability.
- Lead by example and promote HSE and NEOM Values.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Relevant years of experience in operational scheduling and planning, in a logistics environment preferably with exposure to truck fleets.
- Previous experience of working with a TMS (Transportation Management System) would be highly advantageous.
- Experience of KSA Ministry of Transport and Transport General Authority Requirements, including abnormal load requirements, desirable.
- Excellent English verbal and written skills are required.
COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics , supply chain management or business administration
- Transport & Warehousing Teams in Logistics
- Finance, Procurement, Legal and other divisions in OXAGON and NEOM
- Internal customers and industries operating in NEOM generating overseas procurement orders
- Government bodies in Trade management
- Customs brokers
- 3rd party logistics companies (Freight Forwarding & Transport)
- Shipping Lines
- External customers operating in NEOM