This is an exciting opportunity to work in a collaborative partnership between the University of the West of England (UWE) and Duku under the UK Government sponsored Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme. The position is a 24-month fixed term contract, which includes management and business skills training provided by the national KTP programme and a further £2k per annum dedicated training budget tailored towards your personal development.
Duku is an engineering design consultancy with expertise in taking client ideas and designing them into products that are ready to be manufactured and taken to market by the client. They have recently also started designing their own products, focusing on innovative EV charging systems and therefore now require a full commercialisation capability within the business. They have also identified a gap in the market to extend their client relationships by offering them a full-service, seamless, route to market.
With specialist support from the academic team at UWE Bristol, you will lead on a 24-month project to take their current electric vehicle (EV) charger to market, whilst embedding a full commercialisation capability within the business, to exploit innovative in-house designed products. This will enable Duku to directly market their own products and offer a full-service idea-to-market capability for new and existing design consultancy clients.
The KTP Associate will conduct research into the electric vehicle (EV) market, analyse the competitive environment, understand market segmentation, and strategic groupings whilst determining the market position for the EV charger. They will identify an appropriate sales strategy to bring the product to market successfully and lead a significant change in strategic direction.
UWE Bristol and Duku celebrate diversity and seek talented people from all backgrounds to join us.
Essential skills required:
- At least 2 years’ work experience at an appropriate level.
- Strong skills in marketing, data analysis and enterprise.
- A good understanding of strategy and the ability to absorb and understand the strategic direction from the business lead and supervisor.
- Strong project management, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with process mapping and operations management.
- Ability to apply appropriate tools to evaluate and develop business strategies.
- Ability to analyse the competitive environment and determine market position.
- Able to develop sales strategies to successfully bring products to market.
- Highly motivated and confident
Desirable skills required:
- 3-5 years of management experience in a small business would be advantageous to understand real-world applications of business principles.
- Experience bringing products successfully to market.
- Experience of leading teams through strategic change.
- Experience of developing and implementing new business processes.
Minimum 2.1 Business or Business related degree.
Based at: Duku, Cheltenham
Website: UK Product Design Agency | Product Design Consultancy | Duku
Salary: £33 - £38k dependant on experience.
Find out more:
Interested candidates are strongly advised to contact Mel Smith to discuss the project along with any questions you have. E-mail: Mel.Smith@uwe.ac.uk