This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
We are seeking a Safety Engineer to join the this Prevention organization (LP), which is the corporate safety organization within the company. We provide both day-to-day in-field occupational and process safety support to This Company operations, as well as centralized technical support and consulting function. Our field offices are located in Abqaiq, Riyadh, Ras Tanura, Dhahran, Udhailiyah, Jeddah (including Yanbu and Jazan), and Tanajib. Through these offices, LP provides its services to all This Company facilities and departments that are located throughout the Kingdom. Your primary role as a Safety Engineer (Loss Prevention Engineer) is to provide daily support to company facilities and departments, helping them effectively implement the This Company Safety Management System (Occupational & Process Safety) expectations and associated programs, as well as assuring compliance to all company safety requirements.
- Facilitate the implementation of the company's Safety Management System, ensuring alignment with its objectives and expectations. Develop associated safety processes and actively participate in self-assessments.
- Conduct comprehensive field inspections and reviews to assess compliance with company and international codes and standards. Identify safety concerns, devise solutions, and formulate practical and cost-effective corrective actions.
- Identify, assess, recommend actions, and ensure follow-up on critical safety tasks and control methodologies associated with operational safety practices, such as work at height, isolation/LOTO, permit to work, hydrogen sulfide, confined space entry, and excavations.
- Engage in safety studies/activities using risk assessment and mitigation methodologies, including PHAs, HAZOPs, JSAs, incident investigations, compliance reviews, and insurance surveys.
- Respond to emergency situations and incidents, offering technical assistance and advice whether during regular working hours or after.
- Participate in worksite contractor safety management activities, encompassing aspects like contractor selection, prequalification, monitoring of work site compliance, and performance measurement.
- Support the reporting, classification, and investigation of all incidents. Play an active role in incident investigations, identifying root causes and providing appropriate recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Deliver specialized Loss Prevention-specific training to employees, contractors, and external parties.
- Fulfill the role of mentoring other LP personnel, contributing to knowledge transfer and professional development within the team.
- This role required candidate to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Hold a Bachelor degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an Accredited Institution.
- 7+years of experience as a safety professional in the oil and gas, petrochemicals, or related industries.
- Demonstrate a strong track record in delivering results, encompassing comprehensive experience in both occupational and process safety.
- Showcase expertise in areas such as safety management, risk assessment, incident prevention, and compliance with industry standards.
- Exhibit excellent communication skills in English, allowing effective interaction with peers and members of management.
- Proficiency in producing clear and concise oral and written reports in English.