Environmental Manager Position Code
Director – Sr.Manager HSE Direct Reports
Sr.QHSE Manager Division/Section
Shousha Island Department
Project management Sector
NEOM Projects Job Family
OHSE Role Purpose
To manage and co-ordinate, support and advise contractors on all aspects regarding Environmental compliance and assessment. To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Environment within NEOM are adhered to.Key Accountabilities & Activities
The Environment manager will be responsible for providing technical support to Archipelago Developments, as required, on topics relating to environmental engineering, environmental remote sensing, monitoring, and sampling technologies for the purpose of implementing NEOM Environment regulations in design and construction including:
Background, Skills & Qualifications
- Environmental survey and assessment.
- SEA / ESIA compliance of design and construction.
- Environmental compliance and quality monitoring in operations.
- Integration and analysis of environmental data sets.
- Preparing and / or reviewing existing scopes of work and procurement packages for developing ESIA, SEA and/or CWMP.
- Assessing, prioritizing, and presenting quality and relevant information extracted from ESIA and SEA developed by the Environment Department to be integrated / implemented in all Archipelago design developments.
- Compiling and analyzing trends in environmental engineering, remote sensing, use of autonomous vehicles and equipment, in-line and telemetered environmental monitoring, control and feedback systems.
- Analyzing reporting data to investigate trends and report performance of the Archipelago development against specified sustainability targets and KPIs and supporting internal and project review processes such as lessons learned workshops.
- Support the building and infrastructure design team to translate ESIA and SEA recommendations in design and construction activities.
- Act as liaison with the Environment Department to ensure Archipelago developments are 100% compliant.
- Actively engage in design meetings to provide advice on environmental requirements compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience following award of a post-graduate qualification.
- Academic research skills and ability to rapidly synthesize and communicate technical queries.
- Field skills and experience in deploying environmental technology and equipment.
- Analytical skills to understand and apply research and statistics in report writing and decision-making.
- Broad understanding of environmental issues and solutions
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills combined with report writing skills.
- Confident liaising with multicultural designers and contractors and be able to positively influence local Saudi contractors.
- Organizational skills to manage records and data and meet deadlines.
- PhD degree preferably in environmental science, or environmental engineering.
- Executive Director/NEOM Islands Executives
- Projects HS&E office
- Own team and other teams/NEOM island Departments
- Vendors and Suppliers
- Regulatory/Government entities
- Other external entities