VACANCY: MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: GREATER BELFAST AREA
CAW are currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Maintenance Technician for the Greater Belfast Area.
· Working as part of a Mechanical Maintenance Team including the supervision of sub-contractors for maintenance, repairs and installations.
· Carry out preventative maintenance work on plant.
· Maintain Engineering area in terms of good house keeping.
· Contribute on identification, quantification, implementation and presentation of equipment continuous improvement projects.
· Making sure maintenance tasks are completed in accordance with site policies and procedures.
· Troubleshoot equipment related process problems and equipment failures to determine cause and to investigate repairs.
· Ensure effective completion and ongoing review of planned equipment maintenance routines on Asset Management Register.
· Ensure all executed maintenance activities are recorded on Asset Management Register.
· Support Engineering and Operations personnel on continuous improvements and monitor equipment in order to recommend process improvements
· Minimise downtime on equipment, through fast response, effective root cause analysis and good problem solving techniques
· Effective analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
· Maintenance Fitter Craft Certificate or equivalent.
· Good communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
· Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision.
· Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work in a team and/or on own initiative.
· Strong technical capability with attention to detail.
· Expertise and knowledge of a WWTP would be an advantage.
· I.T. Literate.
· Familiarity with site H&S Processes/Procedures and working within a Permit to Work Regime and Confined Spaces etc.