About The Team
The Data Analyst role is a part of the Insight & Analytics Team. This team sits within our Operations department & is part of the Data & Business Intelligence Tribe. This Data Analyst will work with data from a wide range of IT platforms and teams from across operations and wider business teams within HelloFresh UK and Global HelloFresh teams. This role will be expected to work with data throughout its whole life cycle from system creation through to data extraction and finally into market leading data visualisations for our operational end data consumers to use.
You will be an experienced information professional with well-developed technical skills born out of experience in analysing complex datasets and presenting information in an impactful manner. You will have experience working with Tableau (or similar data visualisation tool) and a range of other data tools (SQL, Presto, Snowflake, etc) and how to coordinate the delivery of high quality, timely and accurate information, presented in impactful ways. You will provide professional and expert support, helping to drive best practices in data standards, quality, input standards, ETL & data transformation for analytical consumption.
Our Data Analyst will also be expected to work with other team members to scope out requirements & designs, whilst then converting these into highly automated BI applications. The lead data analyst will be expected to have a high depth of knowledge of developing data visualisations and working with a range of scripting languages to extract data from data warehousing environments, such as Snowflake and SQL.
The Data Analyst will be expected to work with a wide range of stakeholders, and also to be a key advisor to teams with technical and non-technical backgrounds, to help ensure data driven architectures are adopted across the business; whilst helping to promote a culture of data excellence, and data as an asset across HelloFresh UK.
Finally, the candidate for this role will be expected to work independently and lead on a wide range of data-based projects, in order to help assist the data product offerings across the business have a high degree of business impact.What You Will Be Doing
Who You Are
- Establish and provide data extraction processes from any IT systems used by HelloFresh to enable data for decision making analytics
- Build when required the optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, ODBC
- Identifying & supporting to alignment of systems and their data architecture to meet business insight requirements
- Independently problem solve data issues when reported by data consumers, and provide automated analytical solutions
- Promote data integrity by monitoring systems and working with system owners to ensure highest standards are achieved
- Developing specifications, developing and building automated analytical dashboards using market leading analytical software tools
- Developing analytical reporting products using Snowflake data warehouse
- Support Insight & Reporting Manager in developing and ensuring adoption of consistent data terminologies in both data structures and reporting outputs across the business
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilise the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into key operational processes and provide insight which can be reacted to in a high paced operational environment. operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Deliver high quality data insight applications in visualisation applications using Tableau
- Documenting data process tasks and providing advice on where automation is possible
- Provide consultancy & advice on creating and measuring SLA’s / KPI for contracts across HelloFresh UK
- Build and develop effective SLA / KPI monitoring dashboards which are proactive in nature.
- Identify and lead on ways with other stakeholders to help develop processes which improve data reliability, efficiency & quality
- Work with global technology teams when developing / understanding data models required for analytical reporting solutions
What You Will Get In Return
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field / professional experience in a similar fast paced commercial environment.
- Qualification / Certification or proven experience in visualisation tools, preferably Tableau
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured & unstructured datasets.
- Experience of delivering highly automated solutions for reporting / insight applications, and driving quality in data inputs / capture methodologies.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Experience of developing analytical solutions using a range of tools and data modelling / transformation techniques
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and using tools such as Github / Jira - preferable
- Experience of working with business stakeholders on data problems, translating expertise into data solutions.
- You have strong experience of defining & building reporting/insight products in complex business and data environments
- 70% off HelloFresh or Green Chef boxes
- Company pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Bupa private medical insurance (including dental & family cover options)
- Electric vehicle scheme
- Bippit account - financial support
- Free professional development and coaching memberships
- Mental health first aiders and an employee assistance programme
- Dog friendly office! (London site only)
- If in the office, enjoy a free breakfast every day
- Eye care scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Group Life Assurance
: The HelloFresh Farm, 60 Worship Street, EC2A 2EZ, LondonWork Schedule
: Hybrid working - 50/50 remote working & flexible start/finish times (role
: Your application will be reviewed and if successful, a member of the Talent Acquisition Team will be in touch within 2 weeks.
You are required to cooperate with HelloFresh in all health and safety matters. You are responsible for ensuring you take reasonable care of your own health, and safety as well as others who may be affected by the work activities you undertake. You must report incidents immediately and actively raise health and safety-related concerns to your Line Manager.
If you are currently a HelloFresh employee, please make sure you have discussed your application with your Line Manager.13970