Job Description Summary
This role is part of Grid Solutions’ Engineering Graduate Program, an Engineering pipeline scheme aiming at providing fast-tracked opportunities in developing young Engineers’ technical know-how, operational skills and leadership capacities.
As a participant of the program, you will be able to gain comprehensive understanding of the technologies and operations of various businesses in GE Grid Solutions, such as High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) and Alternating Current Systems (ACS). Over a 24-month period with 4 rotations, you will be assigned to different Engineering departments or functions, taking on challenging yet very fulfilling design tasks. The rotation is based on the consolidated review of the business’ needs, your technical background, as well as your personal aspirations. The global footprint of our business also provides possibilities for international exposures.
Grid Solutions Engineering Graduate Program takes pride in its premium training scheme, where you will get to learn directly from renowned technical experts in the industry. You will also be paired with a senior technical expert in the organization as your mentor over the program period to support the development of your business acumen, leadership insights and personal growth.
The role gives an excellent opportunity for you to learn cutting-edge technologies, apply your learning in real-life projects, either in R&D or project execution, and to build a network within an internationally recognised expert community in the renewable energy domain.Job Description
You will be working with different teams on various engineering studies, designs, simulation or tests according to your rotational stages. You will also be given laboratory activities or even commissioning experiences on our global project sites.
As a program participant, you will work together with other fellow graduate engineers to design, execute and present the results of a group project to the executive managers of the business, where you develop knowledge and strengthen capabilities in project and stakeholder management.Qualifications/Requirements
- We are looking for fresh graduates in related engineering fields, such as power electrical, electronic, controls or mechanical engineering.
- Though a master's degree is preferred, your commitment to develop and willingness to learn is of more importance to us.
- Knowledge of power systems, power electronics, high voltage engineering, Matlab/Simulink, AutoCAD or C/C++ Embedded/Real-time development experiences would be an advantage.
- Existing right to work in the countries for these positions is mandatory. GE does not provide visa or re-allocation support for these positions.
- Self-motivating, proactive and results driven approach
- Problem-solving and root cause identification skills
- Willing to listen, learn and support the development
- Able to work to deadlines with good quality
- Proficient in the English language, both written and verbal.