At ZeroAvia, we’re clean sky thinkers. For the world to achieve truly clean, guilt-free flight, we need a scalable solution; hydrogen-electric powertrains. As a leader in zero-emission aviation and a UK Jet Zero Council member, we’re designing and commercialising hydrogen-powered solutions that will positively impact the future of aviation, global connectivity, and the world.
Engineering designs our next-generation hydrogen electric engines. Working across Hydrogen, Propulsion and Integration divisions, they solve technical problems and help decarbonize aviation by finding solutions for electric propulsion, hydrogen storage, fuel cell technology, power distribution, thermal management and more.
As a System Test Engineer - Verification and Validation at ZeroAvia, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safety and reliability of the company's hydrogen-electric powertrain. You will be responsible for the thorough testing and verification of all system components, including hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors. By conducting comprehensive validation tests, you will contribute to the development of a solution that not only eliminates carbon emissions but also offers a more cost-effective alternative to traditional aviation systems.Requirements
PGS HTPEM Prototyping group is working on the development of the new higher performing and durable High Temperature PEM fuel cells. The result of the work may make a significant contribution into the specific power and lifetime of the future hydrogen energy system to be used for the bigger and long-range aircrafts.
This is a great opportunity for individual to build up a unique expertise in zero emission technology!
- Leading role in safety culture establishment
- Demonstrate as team leader proper safe behaviours and habits
- Continuous improvements initiatives leading to make working space safer and more comfortable
- Ensure a safe working environment is always maintained
Experience And Qualifications
- Set up production area to ensure the efficient use of personnel
- Meet product standards, while maintaining, or improving product yield
- Manage safety, quality, delivery, and cost, and assure goals are meet
- Report and respond to product and process non-conformance issues
- Supervise the quality of work produced during the shift
- Handle operational readiness and safety of equipment and supplies
- Work with employee teams, establish and lead improvement initiatives
- Direct and assign work, administer labour contract and compliance
- Receive concerns, resolve problems and escalate as appropriate
- Work to continuously manage and improve the products and processes
- Coordinate all production systems and people on assigned shift
- Coordinate and conduct employee training and monitor work performance
- Review and hold staff accountable for performance
- Analyse discrepancies to devise and implement a corrective plan of action
- Plan, direct, or coordinate the manufacturing operations of the company
- Analyse and resolve work problems or assist workers in solving work problems
Diversity and inclusion
- Bachelor's or Graduate's Degree in business or engineering
- Must have at least five years of experience as Head of Production (or Production Manager) in aeronautical, automotive, or similar industries
- Ability to lead, collaborate, and problem solve
- Critical thinking and attention to detail
- Able to multitask and assist with decision making
- Comfortable with training teams and employees
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc)
- Project Management Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Six Sigma or other relevant training - preferable
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.