Williams’ core competencies are the design and development of racing cars to compete in the Formula One World Championship. As one of the world's leading Formula One teams, the company has secured 16 FIA Formula One World Championship titles since its foundation in 1977 and is now moving into an exciting era under new ownership defined by relentless innovation and living sustainable performance in every dimension.The Position
We are looking for an analytical and innovative Aero Performance Engineer to help build our methodology and processes in this area within the Aero department. The role will involve defining and analysing tests from Track, Wind Tunnel, CFD as well as our driver in the loop simulation to drive forward the correlation and performance methodologies in the Aero department. Teamwork will be essential in this role and the successful candidate should be ready to challenge the status quo.The Role
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Analysis of the correlation between Wind Tunnel and track and making recommendations to improve the Wind Tunnel to reduce any differences.
- Involved in defining and analysing driver in the loop simulations to understand how aero performance sensitivities affect lap time and how this should affect our part selection in the Wind Tunnel.
- Involved in defining and analysing driver in the loop experiments to align aero performance and setup directions.
- Analysis of the correlation deficiencies between CFD and track and then working with the CFD group to improve our simulation.
- Involved in R&D projects to deliver new instrumentation capability for the department.
- Contributing to the improvement and development of our data analysis toolset for aero performance data collaborating with dedicated software engineers.
Application Closing Date
- A solid understanding of race car vehicle dynamics and a passion for optimising on track performance.
- Have experience analysing aerodynamic performance and correlation data.
- Familiarity with scientific coding languages and able to develop your own data analysis tools.
- The ability to present complex analysis in a concise manner that brings the data to life.
- Degree in Aerodynamics, Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Ability to work with a wide range of groups and integrate seamlessly.
All applications must be received by 25th February 2024What can Williams offer?
The Williams Group is based in multi acre complex located in Grove, Oxfordshire. The Williams Group offers a competitive holiday package, staff events/open days, a subsidised restaurant on site and various car schemes. We have an on-site gym (open 24 hours a day) as well as various fitness classes including outdoors bootcamps, pilates and yoga free for all staff and contractors to use. Aside from these benefits we can offer free onsite parking and large open green spaces to unwind during breaks. We are a based just 30 mins from Oxford City Centre by bus.
Williams is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments