What’s in it for youBenefits
We’re all about the little helps. That’s why we give our wonderful colleagues bags of benefits. Including wellbeing services, an award-winning pension scheme and much, much more, our colleague reward package keeps on giving. And helps make every day a little better for you and your family. These include but are not limited to:
- Colleague bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- 26 weeks maternity and adoption leave (after 1 years’ service) at full pay, followed by 13 weeks of Statutory Maternity Pay or Statutory Adoption Pay, we also offer 4 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- The right to request flexible working from your first day with us
- Free 24/7 virtual GP service, Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) for you and your family, free access to a range of experts to support your mental wellbeing
- A Colleague Clubcard for you & a family member (after 3 months of service), giving you access to lots of discounts in-store & online
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Access to our colleague networks providing a space for colleagues to come together from a range of backgrounds. For more information about our colleague networks please click here
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
Click Here to read more about the full range of benefits we have available for our colleaguesAbout The Role
Our Maintenance Technicians work collaboratively with Tesco colleagues utilising core skills and experience to deliver an exceptional service keeping our estate safe, legal, compliant, and operational.Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence and have these specific risk responsibilities:
Key People And Teams You Will Be Working With
- Ensuring all Tesco sites are a safe and functioning environment for customers and colleagues.
- Following the planned work schedule to achieve first time fix, maximising productivity, and effectiveness.
- Delivering high quality work standards across the estate, with year-on-year improvement.
- Communicating and building effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Working closely with team members, sharing best practice and knowledge.
- Using problem-solving skills and innovation to identify and develop solutions for key and common issues.
- Own tasks at a local level through to completion/resolution, informing key stakeholders through the process, where required.
- Own your development through progression of the maintenance pathway.
- Drive your own monthly 1-2-1 schedule with your line manager.
- Using mobile devices; phone and tablet, to drive best practice in work completion and updates.
- Use the business systems to drive best practice in WON reporting to support asset lifecycle management.
- Representing the Tesco brand following business ways of working, demonstrating values led behaviours, a positive attitude & taking pride in wearing the Tesco uniform.
- Attending local and national meetings, providing valuable input and feedback.
- Supporting KPI delivery, through the practical application of skill sets, and effective use of business systems to drive achievement of your own set KPIs.
- Supporting a diverse and inclusive culture.
People, Budgets And Resources You Will Be Accountable For
- Field maintenance teams
- Retail colleagues
- Delivery leadership team
- Tesco Business Services
- Operating Centre
- Maintenance support
- Training and learning partners
- Systems teams and contractors
- Legal compliance & statutory requirements
- Stock & inventory management.
- All company issued equipment – appropriate use and care
You will needOperational Skills
- ONC or equivalent
- Full driving license
- Health & Safety awareness
- Communication & stakeholder management
- Office 365 knowledge
- Completed all technical training upskilling modules relevant to skillset
- Proven experience in a maintenance, engineering, or construction environment
- Digitally confident; can comfortably operate mobile phone and tablets to view workload, emails, teams, and use of business systems.
- Relevant qualification in specific working area (In Store)