Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We're the world's largest independent renewable energy company. We're guided by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our goals would be impossible without our people. Because we're solving some of the world's toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They're our most important asset so that's why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they're at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes an impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell days, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make a difference somewhere else.The Position
Reporting to the UK O&M Manager, the role of a Turbine O&M Technician would be to support the Turbine O&M Team in the delivery specific projects and you will provide technical assistance to help resolve ongoing issues and/or implement improvements. We are looking for candidates who have a technical background in mechanical and/or electrical systems, preferably in a turbine discipline, and with good analytical fault-finding capabilities on Electrical, Mechanical & Hydraulic systems.Location
The role is in Huddersfield/ Barnsley / Sheffield area - permanent position . No rotation.Key Accountabilities
The role would suit an experienced Wind Turbine Technician who has aspirations in further developing their own capabilities in the delivery of high-quality maintenance activities and willing to contribute positively to the continued development of the business.
You will prepare Risk Assessments, Method statements and other client required procedures and be work to a high level of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental awareness.
A flexible approach to work will be required as travel within the UK & Ireland will be necessary depending on the project needs.
Other areas of knowledge would be advantageous (but not essential as training will be provided) which will include:
- Working knowledge of gearbox inspections
- Working knowledge of specialised equipment such as vibration analysis, ultra sound, bore scope and thermal imaging
- Proficient in analytical fault finding
- Can help resolve onsite technical issues and implement technical improvements
- Take and lead main component replacements
- Identify and specifying tooling requirements
- Can conduct technical auditing and assessments
- Prepare reporting templates and other technical documentation
- Can develop and deliver specific in-house technical training
- Worked in a Health & Safety focused environment
- Turbine O&M background
- Team leader
- Coordinate subcontractors
- H&S Awareness (RA, CoSSH, MS)
- Mechanical or Electrical fault finding
- Hydraulic tooling
- Blade repairs
- Reporting skills
- Wind Turbine maintenance - on Bonus or Siemens platform an advantage.
- Large component exchange
- Managing heavy lifting
- Slinger banks man
- Working at height
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Qualification (Minimum Level 3 NVQ) or similar.
- Full UK Driving Licence
At RES we celebrate difference as we know it makes our company a great place to work. Encouraging applicants with different backgrounds, ideas and points of view, we create teams who work together to solve complex problems and design practical solutions for our clients. Our multiple perspectives come from many sources including the diverse ethnicity, culture, gender, nationality, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, marital status, parental status, education, social background and life experience of our people.