The Senior Manager, Transportation, Logistics and Retail Services plays an instrumental role in
ensuring the appropriate management is provided for the smooth day-to-day operations of
various company assets and services that includes and not limited to Fleet including (Coaches,
Leased vehicles, communities golf shuttle, taxi services, materials management , warehousing
hospitality and retail venues around NEOM Communities and regions. An important aspect of
the job is to develop and continuously improve the services, while at the same time identify
new areas and seek opportunities to increase livability and connectivity of NEOM communities.Key Accountabilities And Responsibilities
The role of the Senior manager of Transportation, Logistics and Retail encompasses three core functional areas which are articulated which encompasses the following activities: Transportation Services:
Logistics (Warehousing, Courier & Materials Management):
- Ensure NEOM community members transportation requests either business or personal are always supported, via different services lines such as Coaches, Taxi, shuttle, or golf carts.
- Develop services scheduling and ensure routes availability for airport transfers (pick and drop off, in coordination with NEOM –HR, Travel and GA while constantly monitor utilization)
- Manage NEOM leased vehicle fleet that includes vehicle’s supply, maintenance, health, and safety elements to ensure compliance with NEOM standards.
- Ensure contracts management between NEOM services partners of Transportation.
- Planning and adopting strategies for the Communities Transport and coordinate activities with NEOM stakeholders such public safety, governmental affairs, and travel departments.
- Implement key management processes to manage fleet and ensure road services are always extended by service providers in timely manner!
- Revise and align strategies to the NEOM’s strategic priorities. And support NEOM initiatives
- Managing budgets while applying financial analysis controls and contracts management.
- Ensure service partners Adherence to the applicable local and national road traffic rules and laws. This includes both country specific traffic laws and requirements from the regulatory authorities as well as internal NEOM directives.
- Initiate technological advancement of all customer interactions with transport solutions while ensuring safety elements thoroughly addressed!
- Analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements where needed.
- Establish guidelines and standard operating procedures for the services to standardize services outputs.
- Managing a team of professionals, and ensuring they are adequately managing their subordinate’s services provider’s staff.
- Ensure customers’ satisfaction and follow through customer concerns, complaints and feedback and adjust operations as applicable (voice of the customer)
- Manage the relationship with Service providers to ensure uninterrupted and smooth operation.
- Manage the operational expenditure and monitor actual spending of allocated budget in line with financial
- stewardship and responsibility.
- Promote sharing of best practices and collaboration with partners within F&C and end-users to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Support other NEOM departments in alignment of the Community and Corporate services objectives.
- Support the Executive Director, Community & corporate Services to deliver Community initiatives and KPIs.
- Supporting requests of Transportation, logistics and retail across NEOM departments and regions whenever required including purchasing, leisure, food services, etc.
- Ensure the service providers maintain their quality and performance as per their contract and agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Observe, identify, and report performance failures including unavailability’s & non-compliance incidents relating to the service providers.
- Ensure consistency and uniformity in delivering effective, efficient service assurance procedures and producing appropriate records, reports, financial and statistical information.
- Perform all other related duties as requested.
The role involves basically supply chain and inventory control. Through excellent organizational and record-keeping skills.
Attention to detail and problem-solving aptitude are qualities the ideal candidate must possess. Develops strategic warehousing/distribution solutions for NEOM different sectors aligned with Community Services objectives.
- Plan and arrange to accelerate logistics required mail and courier to ensure efficiency.
- Maintain a partnership with NOEM different courier partners and ensure seamless deliveries to NEOM different communities sin a timely manner.
- Develop and monitor the planning and materials requisitions. Of good and materials through coordination with NEOM different departments and sectors.
- Directs and manages the warehousing, inventory & distribution of stocks, stored materials, equipment, and supply requirements.
- Ensure efficient processing of tasks from the Helpdesk providing excellent customer services around NEOM communities.
- Ensure service and products consistency and uniformity in mail and courier services in NEOM communities and standardize logistics services delivery.
- Ensure supply chain principles and application and adopted and applied to increase the efficiency and reduce the lead time of products and goods availability from warehouse and to NEOM different communities.
- Ensure integrity of materials and good receipt records
- Review MRP and sticks levels and ensure department heads awareness to ensure products/good availability.
As a Retail Senior manager, the role involves acquiring high quality retail venue offerings, to increase the liveability provided through applying the relevant hospitality aspects in retail around all NEOM communities. Key duties include monitoring the overall performance of retailers, to ensure compliance with NEOM standards, policies, and procedures, while also leading the advancement of the operation to the best supply chain practices and up to date retail trends
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Motivates staff to develop skills and job knowledge to perform related duties in support and alignment of the department and the university mission and vision.
- Outstanding financial analysis and problem-solving skills, and ability to make the right decisions most of the time.
- Schedules inspections of retail venues and communicates with retailers to ensure timely corrective and
- preventative actions taken to avoid reoccurrence and ensure safe work environment.
- Maintain a customary and regular exercise of independent judgement and discretionary powers in the day-to-day performance of job duties and ensure the Company’s policies are implemented and maintained in a consistent manner.
- Conduct analysis of data and utilize that data to monitor trends and prepare reports for Community Services management personnel.
- Identify, and report performance failures including unavailability’s & non-compliance incidents relating to the service providers.
- Develop and review on regular basis the Standard Operating Procedures and ensure is compliance within the operations.
- Work closely and collaboratively with NEOM safety department and food safety teams to
- ensure safe work environments and Retail venues food safe offerings to meet the required
- food safety and hygiene standards.
- Must have high level of experience, not less than 10 years, in management and operational
- hands on of multinational communities.
- Good working knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work under pressure and be a team player.
- Proficient in English & Arabic language ability, both spoken and written.
- Good command of oral and written Arabic will be considered an asset.
- Must be confident in using computers, tablets, and software applications, including
- Microsoft Office and other related systems.
- Self-motivated being required at times to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Professional and smart appearance always.
- Ability to deal with people in a manner which shows professionalism, sensitivity, tact, and
- An effective communicator with high communication and interpersonal skills
- Possess 10 -14 years of relevant experience in working at high standard operational well-known organization in a multi-national community.
- Must have high level of experience in retail, logistics, warehousing control, Supply chain
- management systems and ERP solution such as SAP MM and RE, Fidelio, CAFM. HACCP
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, supply chain management, or business
- Relevant certifications/credentials
- Health & Safety related certificate
- Proven records of leadership and teamwork achievements