Regulations and Legal Advice, Assistant Commissioner Job Code
Legal Affairs, First Assistant Commissioner Direct Reports
Legal Affairs Department
Tax and Customs Job Family
The position is responsible for overseeing the development, interpretation, and implementation of tax and customs regulations, providing expert legal advice and guidance to ensure compliance with laws and policies, and effectively managing legal risks and regulatory challenges within the organization. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & ACTIVITIES
BACKGROUND, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Advise the Commissioner on the interpretation of tax and customs regulations to support the administration of the system.
- Manage the development and continuous update of both tax and customs regulations in line with approved policies.
- Provide support to the Decision Support function in the development of studies and revenue forecasts for both tax and customs.
- Offer proposals on tax and customs policies to the Decision Support function, ensuring a comprehensive approach.
- Manage the issuance of private and public rulings on both tax and customs matters, coordinating with relevant parties.
- Ensure provision of clarifications to complex queries on tax and customs regulation referred by the Client Services function.
- Coordinate with the Base Economy on tax and customs matters, including international and regional representation in conventions and exchange of information.
- Lead communication with international organizations, authorities, and federations related to tax and customs to share experiences.
- Provide legal advice on activities and procedures related to the organization, encompassing both tax and customs.
- Manage the development of legal studies related to the application of rules, regulations, and policies in both tax and customs, making recommendations accordingly.
- Oversee the review of the Department contracts, MOUs, and agreements from a legal perspective, in conjunction with the Neom Authority contract’s area, ensuring compliance with both tax and customs regulations and policies.
- Actively support and respond to any requests from leadership related to department activities, ensuring effective collaboration and alignment with departmental goals and strategies.
- Lead the development and enhancement of all processes, procedures, and documentation necessary for the function, ensuring operational excellence and continuous improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Knowledge, Skills And Experience
- Minimum of 12 years in a relevant field with at least 8 years in a managerial position
- Experience in Tax and Customs
COMMUNICATION - MAIN STAKEHOLDERS
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field is required . Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Certification in a relevant field is preferred
- Fluency in English.
- All functions within the Department
- All related sectors and external organizations as required