We’re on a mission to make the switch to sustainable transport and energy faster, easier and more affordable. We use our own technology stack, data smarts and industry knowledge to build a game-changing capability. Our intelligent energy platform helps our customers access renewable energy, understand consumer behaviour, and powers smart charging for EVs.
The worlds of energy and transport are colliding and Ohme is at the heart of this. By using technology and data integrations to connect cars, chargers, people, energy providers and more, Ohme has a powerful platform that puts the consumer at the core.
Ohme has been selling its chargers to consumers since 2019 and is on an exponential growth trajectory. We are now operating in multiple countries and have partnerships with the likes of Octopus Energy, Volkswagen UK, Smart Home Charge and other innovative brands.
We are scaling up the business and are building out the team for rapid growth. If you’re interested in joining a fast-growing cleantech venture on a journey to speed up the global transition to clean energy, read on!
We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer
to join our team.Requirements
- ISTQB/ISEB foundation certificate or higher
- Understanding of testing paradigms such as BDD.
- Experience with web and backend test automation frameworks e.g. Selenium WebDriver, Cypress, Specflow, Cucumber, Testim, Postman, SOAP UI or similar.
- Experience with cross-browser and multi-device platforms such as BrowserStack or SauceLabs
- Experience with using source control software such as GIT
- Have experience working with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins. TeamCity, CircleCI, etc
- Some manual testing experience across one or more technologies e.g. Web, Mobile, Backend, Hardware, Firmware.
- Knowledge of bug tracking and project management tools such as Bugzilla, Jira
- Knowledge of test case management software such as TestRail, Xray, Zephyr, qTest etc
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work effectively in a close team.
- Experience with mobile test automation frameworks e.g. Appium, Calabash, EarlGrey, Espresso, Roboelectric or similar.
- Experience with Java (or Kotlin)
Desirable skills and experience
What will you do?
- Degree in a STEM subject such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics etc
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience working for a product centric organisation
- Design and build an integrated automation framework fit for purpose for Ohme’s use case
- Liaise with QA engineers and software engineers to identify the most appropriate cases for automation
- Continuously build an automated regression pack to ensure that Ohme testing activities have good coverage and are efficient
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the QA team and QA engineering best practices
- Identify, investigate and ensure bugs are raised in Ohme’s project management software
- Live our values: Move fast, be brave, push the bar, take ownership and be transparent. Be a team player with creative opinions, focused on driving solutions. Always look forward and learn from mistakes.
- Self-starter: Try your best to always act in the customer’s best interest and solve their problems. Be open to trying different ideas and feedback from colleagues.
- Outgoing and personable: Enjoy speaking to people and starting conversations. Be able to be authentic and genuine to really listen and be empathetic towards the customer.
- Speak plain English: Communicate technical information in a simple manner that everyone understands.
open to trying different ideas and feedback from colleagues.Benefits
You’ll get to work in a fast-paced and rapidly growing scale-up with global ambitions that is cutting edge, passionate about sustainability and seeks to make the world a better place.Our benefits:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Hybrid office / remote-working practices
- Beautiful central London office with outside space
- Private Health Insurance
- Aegon Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme with death in service benefit of 4x salary
- Income Protection Scheme for long term illness
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Payroll Giving Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan to spread cost of travel over 12 months
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are at the heart of what we do and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We actively seek out a diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed and to feel included.