We’re on a mission to make the switch to sustainable transport and energy faster, easier and more affordable. We use our own technology stack, data smarts and industry knowledge to build a game-changing capability. Our intelligent energy platform helps our customers access renewable energy, understand consumer behaviour, and powers smart charging for EVs.
The worlds of energy and transport are colliding and Ohme is at the heart of this new. By using technology and data integrations to connect cars, chargers, people, energy providers and more, Ohme has a powerful platform that puts the consumer at the core.
Ohme has been selling its chargers to consumers since mid 2019 and has had exponential growth since. We are now operating in multiple countries and have partnerships with the likes of Octopus Energy, VW, Mercedes, Volvo Belux and other innovative brands.
We are scaling up the business and are building out the team for rapid growth. If you’re interested in joining a fast-growing cleantech venture on a journey to speed up the global transition to clean energy, read on!
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer
to join our team.
- Deep knowledge of AWS and many of its PaaS features and services such as, but not limited to EC2, ELB, DynamoDB, S3, SQS, SNS, ECS, CloudFront, Lambda, Fargate
- Experience building infrastructure as code (IaC) using CDK and Typescript
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with tools such as AWS CodePipeline, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Circle, GitHub Actions etc
- Experience securing cloud-based infrastructure – ACLs, network security, firewalls, internet gateways, NAT gateways etc
- Experience introducing observability best practices and implementing monitoring, tracing and alerting systems
- Coaching and evangelising DevOps ways of working and technologies
- Prior experience in addressing business and technical stakeholder requirements and translating these to the appropriate solution architecture
- Experience adopting the AWS Well-Architected framework
- Relevant AWS Associate or Professional certifications
- Experience introducing Incident management processes and tooling
- Experience in optimising the cost of cloud infrastructure
- Experience working for a product centric organisation
- Familiar with Agile principles and best practices such as peer code review, pair programming etc
What You Will Do
- Promote and facilitate a DevOps mindset within the Ohme engineering team
- Lead the migration to an Infrastructure as Code environment
- Ownership of Ohme’s cloud infrastructure
- Contributing to the Technology strategy and architecture by suggesting new technologies, techniques and solutions
- Collaborate with POs and other team members to deliver value incrementally and regularly
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements and communicate those with your team
- Help improving our way of working based on continuous improvement
Who you are:
- Live our values: Move fast, be brave, push the bar, take ownership and be transparent. Be a team player with creative opinions, focused on driving solutions. Always look forward and learn from mistakes
- Self-starter: Try your best to always act in the customer’s best interest and solve their problems. Be open to trying different ideas and feedback from colleagues
- Outgoing and personable: Enjoy speaking to people and starting conversations. Be able to be authentic and genuine to really listen and be empathetic towards the customer
- Speak plain English: Communicate technical information in a simple manner that everyone understands
You’ll get to work in a fast-paced and rapidly growing scale-up with global ambitions that is cutting edge, passionate about sustainability and seeks to make the world a better place. You have the opportunity to craft a talent strategy and build a talent function.
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- Hybrid office (Office-based with the option to work 2 or 3 days remotely)
- Beautiful central London office
- Private Health Insurance
- Aegon Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance Scheme with death in service benefit of 4x salary
- Income Protection Scheme for long term illness
- Ride to Work Scheme
- Payroll Giving Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan to spread cost of travel over 12 months
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are at the heart of what we do and we encourage a culture where everyone can be themselves at work. We actively seek out a diverse range of talent and our policies ensure that every job application and employee is treated fairly, with equal opportunity to succeed and to feel included.